King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Guys, my 1-yr license for ESET Nod32 AV will expire after 2 weeks. Do you think I should look for another AV (free) or just renew my ESEt license. Thanks guys!

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Are you satisfied with Eset's performance ?
If yes and if you have the money then renew your Eset license.
If not then (if you have x64bit system) go with Avast (and modify the settings for better protection)
If you have 32bit system go with Qihoo 360.

The reason i say Qihoo for 32 bit systems is that Qihoo products will install as x32, that means NO X64 , and i am not quite sure if they can protect you so well (even if the product works ok on 64bit systems as well)
Avast has x64 option that means maybe it can provide more effective protection on x64 system files

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Are you satisfied with Eset's performance ?
If yes and if you have the money then renew your Eset license.
If not then (if you have x64bit system) go with Avast (and modify the settings for better protection)
If you have 32bit system go with Qihoo 360.

The reason i say Qihoo for 32 bit systems is that Qihoo products will install as x32, that means NO X64 , and i am not quite sure if they can protect you so well (even if the product works ok on 64bit systems as well)
Avast has x64 option that means maybe it can provide more effective protection on x64 system files
I'm definitely satisfied with ESET's performance but for now I don't have the money to renew the license. :(
I used Qihoo last year and I really like it. My PC x64 btw. I'll try to use it again or maybe try avast but I still prefer ESET. :(

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Try avast (and modify the settings) and see how it's doing........
If you will not be satisfied with Avast, then go with Qihoo....
Meanwhile keep an eye to MalwareTips giveaways for future Eset giveaway ;)

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I think you should stay with eset or if you want something free go with 360 total security or try the eset beta 9 and you get a free subscription
upload_2015-6-17_21-50-46.png

I got this free download at http://www.eset.com/us/beta/edition2016/

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
A typical user when an AV is satisfied from its services then renewal should not be a problem; part of a plan is to find discounts for better savings in budget. But free version like Avast or CIS (complex configuration) can also be useful and well effective for your system considering of free charge to use.

Beta version typically have a very long duration but when its development phase is ready for stable release then extend of beta license will be stop.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I use Avast and I find that sometimes when you have a high load on your CPU it also starts scanning the stuff like mad, but it normally doesn't happen.

Reactions: King Alpha

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Just decided to install avast. Thanks guys!
Hello King whom is 'Mellow'!:)

I've recently been awarded an Avast Premier key (..just like the one you'd given to me nearly (1) year ago). Let me find it first so that I can gladly return the favor.;) I'll need to return since I'm heading out now, but shall get in touch with you soon!
~Cats out.:p

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Hello King whom is 'Mellow'!:)

I've recently been awarded an Avast Premier key (..just like the one you'd given to me nearly (1) year ago). Let me find it first so that I can gladly return the favor.;) I'll need to return since I'm heading out now, but shall get in touch with you soon!
~Cats out.:p
Wow! Really? That would be great! Thanks in advance Cats! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.