Renew Webroot Or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomdy2k

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 26, 2014
My subscription is about to run out and The Malware Dr. failed it once but Re-reviewed it and did it the way Webroot wanted and checked to see if it rolled back changes caused by malware and it rolled all of them back and he was pleased does that mean I should renew?

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
if u never had any problems just renew it. webroot is a good av with an exellent support+ extremly light for older machine. dont care that much on reviews, realy. if u click on anything than no software will help u. so just use an av that u like :)

Reactions: Game Of Thrones
D

Deleted member 21043

Theres a difference between someone testing the products over a period of a few weeks, or even a day or two for a review and then a real customer using it for Malware Protection on their PC for the long run (as in months, even years). The difference is, in the review they can just pull out random files from links which may even be clean (you'd be surprised when you see some of the youtube videos) however in the real world, the malware they pick out either doesn't even end up on a persons computer *unless they were deliberately searching for it* or it was clean and then makes the vendor look bad for not detecting it, even though the vendors product was right not detecting it as it would have been a false positive. Then if you ask for the samples used to see if it was a true false positive or not the reviewer would have already removed the samples after cleaning their VM and then you will never know if the AV is in the wrong or good.

Thanks! :)

D

Deleted member 178

if it works for you (as it does for me) , keep it ; webroot is a sure product.

nice to see that the rollback feature worked when you needed it; that fact will shut up the mouth of some people that denied its effectiveness.

:D

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
if it works for you (as it does for me) , keep it ; webroot is a sure product.

nice to see that the rollback feature worked when you needed it; that fact will shut up the mouth of some people that denied its effectiveness.

:D
however its weakness is with rootkits,nasty Banker Trojans like zeus,ransomware and cyprolocker

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
If you wish to bought, you can go to Renew.. If not ,,don't Renew,,,Just uninstall (Clean UnInstall) Then
Re-Install The Latest Webroot WSAV you will get 180Days >>>> go here Installer (Online)..Follow the steps, You're DONE.

D

Deleted member 178

however its weakness is with rootkits,nasty Banker Trojans like zeus,ransomware and cyprolocker

evidences available , i mean except a one hour test in a VM?

we are suppose to help people decide, so please backup your statements with valid explanations, real world examples and links.

Last edited by a moderator:

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
evidences available , i mean except a one hour test in a VM?

we are suppose to help people decide, so please backup your statements with valid explanations, real world examples and links.
this haves nothing to do with a vm it would had happen on a real pc as well and besides getting data take from is not easy to rollback you know and besides Umbra Polaris people like me are suppose to help people show what avs will protect them and which ones run away like babies and in turn leave the pc a bloody mess

normalizerx

Level 2
Oct 9, 2012
Yes, Webroot is a good product but when Umbra says to back-up statements with data and facts - well the opposite is also true - 1 link with successful roll-back feature doesn't prove anything. Where are the tests to back-up Webroot claims? Otherwise it is like - well trust us because you have to trust us. I think the user should decide whether he wants an AV with higher detection rate, more the traditional way or an innovative approach to security with Webroot and its specific way of work.

D

Deleted member 178

just backup your statement, the poster ask about renewing it or not, you post your point of view without any infos, it doesn't help him, it confuse him , so add some links that confirm your opinion, is it so difficult...?

How to make useful posts helping users to decide on which security products to use

(works in both ways)

Yes, Webroot is a good product but when Umbra says to back-up statements with data and facts - well the opposite is also true - 1 link with successful roll-back feature doesn't prove anything.

exact , but the OP said it, so i think it is a valid proof that it works at least once.

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Yes, Webroot is a good product but when Umbra says to back-up statements with data and facts - well the opposite is also true - 1 link with successful roll-back feature doesn't prove anything. Where are the tests to back-up Webroot claims? Otherwise it is like - well trust us because you have to trust us. I think the user should decide whether he wants an AV with higher detection rate, more the traditional way or an innovative approach to security with Webroot and its specific way of work.
look i know webroots weakness because i look at and test it before and i know what type of malware that it can't deal with

D

Deleted member 21043

look i know webroots weakness because i look at and test it before and i know what type of malware that it can't deal with
Please, if you want to continue take it to the PMs. This thread was not meant for a argument (before it gets worse).

@tomdy2k I recommend you use webroot if you don't have a lot of RAM on your computer. If you have a lot of free RAM, if you can, use Kaspersky and webroot (according to some members on this forum it works very well). If you can only afford one and have good RAM on your PC (maybe 4 - 8gb) I recommend you using Kaspersky. Webroot has good detections and is very lightweight, Kaspersky may/should have better detections and may be able to offer more, and is more heavy. *anyone, if I am wrong, please correct me.

Thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Neno

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
Norton 360 is lighter than Webroot, and rollback function is a step back in virus protection software industry. Though it is a good solution there are better ones.
No one can ever guaranty you that the one product will always be effective as it is in its current state. As time passes by so the quality changes. Few of the brands have that quality renomme as Kaspersky and Norton have. All in all if you know how to behave in the network you should be fine with almost anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.