Battle Replace expired Webroot: Antivirus with Good Detection?

bobby holla

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 30, 2014
Hi am bobby here, can someone here please recommend for me an Antivirus to use with perfect protection and good detection rates. i was on to Webroot Secureanywhere but my license just expired so i need some new security. i also know that no antivirus is 100% capable of detecting all Virus today. but for the moment i need a solid protection. any suggestion and why?

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
First of all there is no 100% detection as such, Its just a marketing stunt and you have got that correct. I would like to suggest you a comobo with some learning curve. Its is comodo firewall and avast free av. The good thing with this is you don't have to spend a penny on this and if correctly configured its almost an impenetrable fortress.

Reactions: roger_m

RVS2

Level 3
Verified
Oct 17, 2016
Bitdefender or Kaspersky Internet Security. Both have highest protection rates and low impact on device performance. Buy the 2017 version.

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Hmm... Almost at lighweight as Webroot for recourse could be EAV. + CF good combo. But, of course i will but first place my old friend KIS and after that maybe F-secure or Emsisoft.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.