Advice Request Replace for old ProductLines?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Werderforever

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
Hi,

I´m testing new Plus-Version-Beta.

Kaspersky now have 3 ProductLines (KAV/KIS/KTS and SecurityCloud and new Basic/Standard/Plus)

- Will new Line Basic/Standard/Plus replace KAV/KIS/KTS?
- Or will the new Line replace Security Cloud?
- Or will the new Line replace both?

And when I now buy KTS, will I get new "Plus" after release?
And what is, when I buy Security Cloud, will I get new "Plus" after release?

Many questions, but I need a new Antivirus in a few weeks and I am unsure, what Kaspersky-Product is the best buy.

Many thanks for help!

Thomas

Reactions: Nevi and harlan4096

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
1.- Yes
2.- No, new KPlus has the same features as KSCloud
3.- Already answered in 1 and 2

And when I now buy KTS, will I get new "Plus" after release?
And what is, when I buy Security Cloud, will I get new "Plus" after release?
Many questions, but I need a new Antivirus in a few weeks and I am unsure, what Kaspersky-Product is the best buy.

Current licenses model probably will be working, but still is not clear which will be the migration policy :)

Werderforever

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
Hi harlan4096,

many thanks for your explanation, that´s what I want to know.:)

Do you have an idea, why Kaspersky has in the future with "KPlus" and "KSCloud" 2 Procucts with the same features?

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
This post was sent yesterday to Kaspersky Community:

Beta Testing of a new Kaspersky product | Kaspersky Community

Do you have an idea, why Kaspersky has in the future with "KPlus" and "KSCloud" 2 Procucts with the same features?

No, maybe You misunderstood me, KPlus probably will replace KSCloud:

1637735313265.png

Werderforever

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 8, 2015
Many thanks for the Link to Kasersky Community.:)

Probably a misunderstood... No problem, but I try to explain:

I have asked first "Will new Line Basic/Standard/Plus replace KAV/KIS/KTS?"
Your answer: "1.- Yes"

I have asked second: "Or will the new Line replace Security Cloud?"
Your answer: "2.- No, new KPlus has the same features as KSCloud"

And so was my thought, that in future Kaspersky has two Product Lines with same features: "Do you have an idea, why Kaspersky has in the future with "KPlus" and "KSCloud" 2 Procucts with the same features?"

But with your answer: "No, maybe You misunderstood me, KPlus probably will replace KSCloud:", now I believe, that you have meant, that KTS will (probably) remain and KPlus is the successor of KSCloud.

Am I right? Sorry, but English is not my mother Language, and so it´s sometimes a little bit difficult for me.

Many thanks for your patience!:)

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I'm still not sure as I have being testing only Kaspersky Plus beta, but it seems K. Plus will have the same features as KSCloud, so probably K. Standard -> similar to KIS/KTS, and K. Basic -> KAV/KIS...

Reactions: silversurfer

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.