Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Sony is reportedly redesigning its PlayStation Network from the ground up, perhaps to regain customer trust after a recent string of hacks led to lengthy PSN outages as Sony attempted to secure the global gaming network.

The beleaguered company is planning a PSN "design upgrade that could transform the online environment into a more image-driven layout along the lines of Xbox Live and Steam," The Register reported Tuesday, citing "sources familiar with the new look."

The redesign reportedly "de-clutters" text-heavy pages to achieve "an aesthetic layout with logically marked sections and rolodex lists," according to the U.K.-based tech journal. The new-look PSN design also features revamped search results that are more user-friendly, a "deals of the week" feature, and a movie section that provides "IMDB-style" data for selected films, such as info on actors appearing in the movie.

Read more

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I don't mind this, (sometimes) change is good. :)

I hope they fix the XMB's slowness.

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
"Sometimes" exactly storm :p
I don't have a PS3 anyway, I wanted to get the slim version now instead of a PC (since I only needed it for gaming really), but the apparent cheaper version costs more then a good gaming PC (more then 35,000 RSD). Maybe I'll get one in the future, who knows.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I believe it's a redesign to the PS Store, not sure about the main XMB though.

Remember that the technology in the PS3 and Xbox 360 are from 2006/7. Gaming PCs will always have the edge since new products are released more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.