Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
ryan said:
Here is my opinion........ the reputation of a member should not be on his or her posts. It should be how long the member has been with the forums and the date they have registered. I understand you all want to Promote posting. But iv been here longer than some of the mods have. if you look back at remove-malware. I have been here the first week MalwareTips was up and my rank is only at *known member level 3* it just isn't right it needs to be fixed or tweaked its not fair to the long and following members of this forum. Truth is jack has known me for about 4 years now.

By that logic all the members who signed up last year and who haven't returned should have a higher reputation than new members who contribute greatly.

Sorry but I don't agree with what you're saying.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
ryan said:
Here is my opinion........ the reputation of a member should not be on his or her posts. It should be how long the member has been with the forums and the date they have registered. I understand you all want to Promote posting. But iv been here longer than some of the mods have. if you look back at remove-malware. I have been here the first week MalwareTips was up and my rank is only at *known member level 3* it just isn't right it needs to be fixed or tweaked its not fair to the long and following members of this forum. Truth is jack has known me for about 4 years now.
I too not agree with this because after all works pay.
If you work in a office and join company when it starts but not attend office and do work on office progress how can you can get Promotion on merit that you are old but the new employ who is more active and do more work for office should have lower rank only because he is New

Not Fair in my opinion

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
I really don't agree with people being entitled to a better reputation simply from being around longer than some other users. I do have a question though, the highest non-admin status I have seen is silver. Is there a gold status or level 7?

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
pcjunklist said:
I do have a question though, the highest non-admin status I have seen is silver. Is there a gold status or level 7?

That I have no idea. I do think that Silver member is the highest.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
For More details visit here:

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Groups-and-Promotions-System

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Stranger said:
For More details visit here:

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Groups-and-Promotions-System

That's the ranking system that was used for the first 6 months of MalwareTips being up. Since then the ranks have changed around a lot.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Your guess is as good as mine mate.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
People with different levels of knowledge and all walks of life join these forums.Sure there are always going to be non active members{leechers} but the reputation system should be accross the board for members and staff.When your a new member here looking for help reputation means as much as rank and gives the member some validity to their advice.I also think members should give rep more often than is done.Not specifically here but this does happen on many other sites.Say an active member who is a beginner with the content of a site and doesnt have much relevant info to post but is willing to always try to be active by posting something they should be given rep.After all thats what makes a forum a community, the active members and all active members should be given rep for their contribution however small it might be.Thanks for letting me put my 2 cents in and try not and negative rep me for rambling.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
White Nobster said:
Thanks for letting me put my 2 cents in and try not and negative rep me for rambling.

You are not rambling and second negative rep is already remove from forum by admin :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Giving Reputation isn't restricted to their posts only, you can visit their User Profile to give Rep as well.

"When your a new member here looking for help reputation means as much as rank and gives the member some validity to their advice"

Good point there. Thanks for your input. :D

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
"but the reputation system should be accross the board for members and staff."

Agreed.

"When your a new member here looking for help reputation means as much as rank and gives the member some validity to their advice."

Well in order to pass through to known member you have to get 20 posts for regular member, and 100 posts and 20 kudos to be known member.

"I also think members should give rep more often than is done."

I give credit if I think the user deserves it.

D

Deleted member 178

before we had an issue with some members that were friends and give themselves lot of rep without valuable reasons, it is why now rep is monitored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.