Serious Discussion Request for information about files created in backup

Gengis Khan

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 7, 2019
I decided to install Backup4All 9 and make a backup. But in the end the result surprised me because my antivirus detected and sent part of the copy to quarantine saying that the zip files were contaminated with malware.

Is it true or are they false positives?

Backup4All.png

I don't speak English well, I ask for your understanding.

I'm already waiting for you. response. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
It could be a false positive, but it's also possible that the files you backed up were already infected. Try scanning your original files with your antivirus software. If they're clean, then it's likely a false positive. If not, you'll need to clean them before backing up again.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Gengis Khan

Level 1
Thread author
Nov 7, 2019
Obviously I only noticed this problem after starting the backup. I checked with NPE and Malwarebytes anti-malware and it didn't indicate anything was infected.
There, I checked the folder created by Backup4Allm, with F-Secure and it didn't show anything infected.

flaubert1971

Level 2
Oct 14, 2019
Well. Then you don't have to worry. These are clearly false positives detected by f-secure. Maybe contact f-secure support and report this inconvenience.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.