Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems

Have you reset your Firefox/Mozilla sourced browser?

• No. I didn't know I could do this, but I'm going to try it now! :-D

• I'd rather not alter my browser (it is finally the way I want it) regardless if my profile is saved.

• Yes, I've used reset, though I wish I'd read this before I'd found all my extensions removed! :(

• I reset each time I use a publicly shared computer, ..just to be safe! ;-)

• Yes, reset is the easiest method I've found to wipe out all extensions & restart again clean/light!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems
If you're having problems with Firefox, resetting it can help. The reset feature fixes many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information like bookmarks and open tabs.

Table of Contents
Reset Firefox to its default state
  1. Click the menu button
    2014-01-10-13-08-08-f52b8c.png
    and then click help
    2014-01-10-13-10-08-eaa722.png
  2. From the Help menu choose Troubleshooting Information.
    If you're unable to access the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
  3. Click the Reset Firefox… button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
    2014-03-20-11-32-05-64cdd9.png
  4. To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
  5. Firefox will close and be reset. When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
What does the reset feature do?
Continue reading here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.