2. Low Ram Usage

3. No System Slow Down

4. Good Web Prevention

5. Scanning Process was Pretty Quick

6. OK Detection Rate against 452 Files

7. Behavior Blocker did Pretty Good
CONS
1. Removal Process took about 2 Hours

2. AVG let some PUP's Through (Nothing serious, just annoying)
BOTTOM LINE
So in conclusion, AVG Internet Security 2015 has done a pretty
good job protecting me.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
AVG has always put in a solid performance in tests which I feel has been largely overlooked and ignored, imo.

Using the free version at the moment with Private Firewall and Sandboxie.

Good review bye the way.:cool:

Regards Eck:)

sonylxn

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2015
great review, avg is definitely very good despite all hateful comment about it
and as a AVG IS 2015 user myself, i'd say to everyone, never underestimate its capabilities :D

S

starchild76

yes AVG is performing well these days , but still is a tad behind AVAST. its a shame that AVG is is still lacking a sandbox and the zeroday component Identity Protection could be a lot better. I know AVG is doing there best tp devellop their engine wich each rerlease and virtualisation and sandbox technologies are being talked over by the devellopment team ( as one of my trusted inside sources whispered into my ear :p ) the main focus though will be optimizing the performance and creating a stable product , becuase AVG is still buggy some times.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
AVG still has many processes, how many?

I count 7 on AVG free but all very light.

yes AVG is performing well these days , but still is a tad behind AVAST. its a shame that AVG is is still lacking a sandbox and the zeroday component Identity Protection could be a lot better. I know AVG is doing there best tp devellop their engine wich each rerlease and virtualisation and sandbox technologies are being talked over by the devellopment team ( as one of my trusted inside sources whispered into my ear :p ) the main focus though will be optimizing the performance and creating a stable product , becuase AVG is still buggy some times.

Just run it with Comodo firewall or Sandboxie.

S

starchild76

I count 7 on AVG free but all very light.

Just run it with Comodo firewall or Sandboxie.

I have AVG Internet Security running ( firewall on interactive mode ) , with exe radar pro ( lockdown mode advanced ) next to it without any hickups :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Behold Eck

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
I have AVG Internet Security running ( firewall on interactive mode ) , with exe radar pro ( lockdown mode advanced ) next to it without any hickups :p

Sorry my bad, I mean`t the free version as I recently tried it out on a test machine and found it performing very well ,hence i`m running it on my own rig with Private firewall.

How are you finding the on-line shield and firewall ?

NVT ex radar pro is an excellent choice for dealing with any zero nasties(or anything else for that matter). Great app.:cool:

S

starchild76

Sorry my bad, I mean`t the free version as I recently tried it out on a test machine and found it performing very well ,hence i`m running it on my own rig with Private firewall.

How are you finding the on-line shield and firewall ?

NVT ex radar pro is an excellent choice for dealing with any zero nasties(or anything else for that matter). Great app.:cool:

online shield has its good and bad days , so not perfect the firewall is a one way firewall so thats why I compliment it with nvt exe pro. and yes it is a great program! I am a long time user of AVG and since being a hall of famer I get every license , for every product free , whenever I need. tried every security solution , but keep coming back to AVG :)

Reactions: Behold Eck

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
online shield has its good and bad days , so not perfect the firewall is a one way firewall so thats why I compliment it with nvt exe pro. and yes it is a great program! I am a long time user of AVG and since being a hall of famer I get every license , for every product free , whenever I need. tried every security solution , but keep coming back to AVG :)

I suppose everything has it`s good days and bad days especially users.Yeah AVG was one of my first AV`s many years ago and it`s results have been very steady in testing over the years.It was always one to keep an eye on.

Glad to hear that you are getting some perks as a hall of famer....good stuff.;)

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
great review, avg is definitely very good despite all hateful comment about it
and as a AVG IS 2015 user myself, i'd say to everyone, never underestimate its capabilities :D

For me its not the capability, but the stability... AVG is rough... and seems to gotten better but still needs work.

I do like the whole setup it has, easy to configure, and likeable UI, scanner, protection etc. Where I get dissapointment is the boot up time is the SLOWEST of all AV I tried (10 more seconds) from the 2nd slowest, Panda. Now Panda was kinda pokey but AVG was its own OS! :p ;)

AVG has highest RAM usage (free version) along with Forticlient but... AVG really should be lighter without its firewall on. It doesn't slow system, but at the expense of the memory use. :eek:

Now my two favorite free ones,
Comodo and Avast have the fastest boot times I have tried. Avast being even lighter overall as Comodo uses less memory but more system resources, Avast balances it perfectly.

I cannot say for Qihoo because I never tried it soooo... but I hear its the lightest on system, or so the AV test page says.

Last edited:
Reactions: starchild76

Maybe

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Apr 30, 2013
The first 2 or 3 reboots with AVG will be slow, after that it will boot much quicker.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.