2. Low Ram Usage

3. No System Slow Down

4. Good Web Prevention

5. Scanning Process was Pretty Quick

6. OK Detection Rate against 452 Files

7. Behavior Blocker did Pretty Good
CONS
1. Removal Process took about 2 Hours

2. AVG let some PUP's Through (Nothing serious, just annoying)
BOTTOM LINE
So in conclusion, AVG Internet Security 2015 has done a pretty
good job protecting me.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
The first 2 or 3 reboots with AVG will be slow, after that it will boot much quicker.

I do like how it doesn't require email or registration like so many others. That's a big plus.

I still am not sure what I should use on my soon to be old backup PC. It's either Avast or AVG.

S

starchild76

the firewall is the main reason why the boottime goes up and I hope some shifts will come soon in stabilzing and optimizing the product , but the devellopment team has not much time , recources or staff to implement all of our wishes....things are being talked over in the Hall Of Famer / AVG Guru Group when all reaches clarity , I well report back ;)

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
I do like how it doesn't require email or registration like so many others. That's a big plus.

I still am not sure what I should use on my soon to be old backup PC. It's either Avast or AVG.

I had AVG running on an old P4 1 GB of RAM test system and had no slow downs in fact everything felt very light.

Also malware-wise, what few it missed on the download AVG jumped on upon execution.

Regards Eck:)

Reactions: starchild76

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.