Votes: 59 50.0%

• Total voters

Garzaman

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2017
There you have it.
You should know that Baseline can't be deleted so you can always return to that state of your system.
All other snapshots can be deleted.

Ah! Thanks :) You´re very kind. :)

This is one of the things I like about this forum. I am ignorant of many things, but I want to learn and you (the great majority of you) are very kind and patient.

Thanks, I'm learning a lot.

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
Rollback RX has saved me on plenty of occasions. The software can go wrong, but hardly ever.

Rather than treating it as a backup solution, you can think of it as a way of easily repairing your PC if it crashes or you are infected by malware. Its also a way of safely installing software to try out and then perfectly un-installing it afterwards if you dont like it. Most of the time Rollback just runs in the background and you don't need to use it.

I wouldn't be without it. Its a sort of safety net.

patrocle

Level 1
Verified
Aug 4, 2014
Thanks for all the info.

Anyway, i have purchased the RollBack Rx Pro and wanted to give it a test.
Any settings that i should set before installing the RRx program?

I do have my main drive where Win 10 Pro 64bit is on a 500gb SSD and i have about 190gb free on it.

I also do want and will keep the Macrium Reflect 7 free edition 64bit and will do some manual disk images.

Thank you for your time.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
@patrocle the only i have changed is that of how often it takes a snapshot.
RB RX Pro is scheduled to take a snapshot at every boot so i changed it to once a week.
And i have unchecked the logo of RB RX at start up so Windows will start more quickly.

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Thanks for all the info.

Anyway, i have purchased the RollBack Rx Pro and wanted to give it a test.
Any settings that i should set before installing the RRx program?

I do have my main drive where Win 10 Pro 64bit is on a 500gb SSD and i have about 190gb free on it.

I also do want and will keep the Macrium Reflect 7 free edition 64bit and will do some manual disk images.

Thank you for your time.

You'll want to disable Bitlocker, both Rollback Rx and Bitlocker encrypt the drive but you can only use one (Rollback)

If you're using Macrium you'll need to disable protection which will delete snapshots. If you can, I'd recommend purchasing Drive cloner. It's their disk imager, you don't need to disable Rollback and it backs up your snapshots.

Xtwillight

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2014
Same program, own manufacturer other sales name
Rollback RX = Eazy Fix
EAZ Solution Windows Restore Products
The program is offered in many languages

Here is a screensaver of my Eazy Fix
3.jpg

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016

patrocle

Level 1
Verified
Aug 4, 2014
I'm Back...
Had some bad luck from my last post... Came home from work , and getting ready for the weekend and also was going to install Rollback Rx and give it a try, then My main pc i had to restart and while rebooting, it went to logo "lenovo" and then while to come to the image screen to put my password, the screen never come and the cursor keep rolling and rolling...
I was able to restore from the windows , witch i created a restore point , just 4,5 day before and then it booted okay, but while had to restart , it was doing the same. Un-plugged all drives and left only the main Ssd drive witch the windows files was there and the backup drive where "restore point" was and also the copy of "Macrium Reflect " was there too.
So tried few times with the with the "windows created restore points" but no luck, i tried "Macrium Reflect" image that was on the backup drive , and it took Macrium Reflect about 2,3 hours to restore the image from boot, and then when to start it up, same problem was there...:(
I guess there was a problem with some system file or something, i did few things but did not worked! So i have decided to install clean copy of win 10 home 64 bit witch came with the desktop when i purchased it. I do have the update to win 10 pro but not sure if i should do it or just leave it with home edition.

As for my second bad luck same day and hour... i have an extra desktop i5 quad that runs my security cameras and that one went bad to was restarting with a blue death screen, and it was 1 bad memory , fixed really easy that and upgrade from 8gb to 16gb ram.

Now, back to the Computer backup solution...software.
Like i was saying above i purchased RollBack Rx Pro and will give it a try.
Problem is, i want somehow to be sure i am covered for next time if something happens , so i have done:
> Created few restore points in windows
> Done a image copy with Macrium Reflect free version.
I also have Genie Timeline Professional 2017 (paid)
Genie Timeline Pro | Overview | Time Machine Backup Software for Windows and Continuous Backup
(should be the same version as v10)
but not sure if i should install that too and then maybe way to many backup software's running and plus Genie is kind like Rollback Rx, but also keeps the backups somewhere in the drive and also you can upload in cloud. I try to find some reviews about it in this site but is very little talk about the Genie Timeline Professional 2017.

What you Pro's think?

Thanks
P.

Last edited:

patrocle

Level 1
Verified
Aug 4, 2014
You'll want to disable Bitlocker, both Rollback Rx and Bitlocker encrypt the drive but you can only use one (Rollback)

If you're using Macrium you'll need to disable protection which will delete snapshots. If you can, I'd recommend purchasing Drive cloner. It's their disk imager, you don't need to disable Rollback and it backs up your snapshots.
Hmm, i don't see any trace of the BitLocker in my win 10 Home
I try to disable based on this info here:
How to turn off BitLocker in Windows 10, 8.1 or 7
with no luck, i guess maybe is not installed? in my pc?... see attached pictures.

Thanks,

Attachments

• 2018-05-16_16-55-27.png
    2018-05-16_16-55-27.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 636
  • 2018-05-16_16-56-00.png
    2018-05-16_16-56-00.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 672
Reactions: vtqhtr413
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Don't use any 3rd party backup soft with RX , only the Windows built-in one; and when you want to do a backup of your system:

1- turn OFF RX (via tray icon).
2- reboot (this step is important).
3- use Windows Backup & Restore (accessible from control panel).
4- turn ON RX.

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
I'm Back...
Had some bad luck from my last post... Came home from work , and getting ready for the weekend and also was going to install Rollback Rx and give it a try, then My main pc i had to restart and while rebooting, it went to logo "lenovo" and then while to come to the image screen to put my password, the screen never come and the cursor keep rolling and rolling...
I was able to restore from the windows , witch i created a restore point , just 4,5 day before and then it booted okay, but while had to restart , it was doing the same. Un-plugged all drives and left only the main Ssd drive witch the windows files was there and the backup drive where "restore point" was and also the copy of "Macrium Reflect " was there too.
So tried few times with the with the "windows created restore points" but no luck, i tried "Macrium Reflect" image that was on the backup drive , and it took Macrium Reflect about 2,3 hours to restore the image from boot, and then when to start it up, same problem was there...:(
I guess there was a problem with some system file or something, i did few things but did not worked! So i have decided to install clean copy of win 10 home 64 bit witch came with the desktop when i purchased it. I do have the update to win 10 pro but not sure if i should do it or just leave it with home edition.

As for my second bad luck same day and hour... i have an extra desktop i5 quad that runs my security cameras and that one went bad to was restarting with a blue death screen, and it was 1 bad memory , fixed really easy that and upgrade from 8gb to 16gb ram.

Now, back to the Computer backup solution...software.
Like i was saying above i purchased RollBack Rx Pro and will give it a try.
Problem is, i want somehow to be sure i am covered for next time if something happens , so i have done:
> Created few restore points in windows
> Done a image copy with Macrium Reflect free version.
I also have Genie Timeline Professional 2017 (paid)
Genie Timeline Pro | Overview | Time Machine Backup Software for Windows and Continuous Backup
(should be the same version as v10)
but not sure if i should install that too and then maybe way to many backup software's running and plus Genie is kind like Rollback Rx, but also keeps the backups somewhere in the drive and also you can upload in cloud. I try to find some reviews about it in this site but is very little talk about the Genie Timeline Professional 2017.

What you Pro's think?

Thanks
P.

So the issue when you use a disk imager that isn't Drive Cloner Rx (the developer's own) is that it doesn't capture the MBR properly, so your disk image with Macrium Reflect will essentially have a non-functioning MBR in the image.

There's two ways around this. @Umbra mentioned the first, where you disable Rollback's protection (which disables the MBR component of Rollback which is what causes these issues) and your disk imager will capture the MBR with no issues.

I've had a few cases where I had to re-image and Rollback was installed when I took the backup. I simply reset the MBR back to default, and that allowed for the OS to load from the disk image with no issues. You need to re-install Rollback but at least your existing images are then usable.

Although I would recommend Drive Cloner Rx if you can spare the cost of the program. It can do a full backup of the system and it will also back up Rollback Rx and it's snapshots. So that's probably the best option but there's a few ways to handle this.

patrocle

Level 1
Verified
Aug 4, 2014
Well, try to install and now while i try to restart i get this error in dos:
"Cannot start legacy boot mode with GTP partition. Would you like to reset mbr (y/n) ?"
Even if i press yes is not doing anything...
Submitted a ticket to see if they can help me out, and will do some more research about it.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

patrocle

Level 1
Verified
Aug 4, 2014
I guess i tried again and when i got that error i pressed "n" and it did install the RX.
After that i did what was suggested above:

1- turn OFF RX (via tray icon).
2- reboot (this step is important).
3- use Windows Backup & Restore (accessible from control panel).
4- turn ON RX.

and now i just did my first or sec. backup:

29qfhu8.jpg

2eutx0h.jpg

Now, when you want to restore, can you do it from a : Restart , User or it must be from the Baseline?

Any other tricks or advice that i can use? Like tasks to automate or also is defragment good?

Thank you !

Thread author
Hmm, i don't see any trace of the BitLocker in my win 10 Home
I try to disable based on this info here:
How to turn off BitLocker in Windows 10, 8.1 or 7
with no luck, i guess maybe is not installed? in my pc?... see attached pictures.

Thanks,

BitLocker is not the problem associated with Rollback RX issues.

If you are running a Pro version of Windows 10, 8.1, 8 or 7, then BitLocker is installed.

BitLocker has to be enabled in order to disable it. In the article what the author means by "disabled" = OFF. It is only clear in the article title: "How to turn off BitLocker in Windows 10, 8.1 or 7".

For the type of "disabled" that you were expecting to accomplish, you have to disable the BitLocker service via the Windows Services Manager (services.msc).

Plus, you have to change the X: in the commands to the drive letter of the BitLocker protected volume. In most cases, this will be C: - unless you have differently named primary (and secondary) drives. If it is a multiple drive system, then you have to disable (turn off) BitLocker for each BitLocker protected volume separately.

On my system running the PowerShell command Disable-BitLocker -MountPoint “C:” and Command Line manage-bde -off C: on Windows 10 1803 yields essentially the same end-results as you have seen on your system (you got the messages you see because you did not change X: to the actual drive letter or name of your system):

Cap164.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Thread author

Drive Cloner RX does not work for many users. Check the HDS forums. I know I have not been able to get it to work with any SSDs.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Now, when you want to restore, can you do it from a : Restart , User or it must be from the Baseline?
restore to a snapshot is:

1- from the baseline: system configuration is identical at the time you installed RX.
2- from a User snapshot: system config when you made a snapshot , so different than the baseline.
3- from restart: is the same as User, but made by RX.

patrocle

Level 1
Verified
Aug 4, 2014
BitLocker is not the problem associated with Rollback RX issues.

If you are running a Pro version of Windows 10, 8.1, 8 or 7, then BitLocker is installed.

BitLocker has to be enabled in order to disable it. In the article what the author means by "disabled" = OFF. It is only clear in the article title: "How to turn off BitLocker in Windows 10, 8.1 or 7".

For the type of "disabled" that you were expecting to accomplish, you have to disable the BitLocker service via the Windows Services Manager (services.msc).

Plus, you have to change the X: in the commands to the drive letter of the BitLocker protected volume. In most cases, this will be C: - unless you have differently named primary (and secondary) drives. If it is a multiple drive system, then you have to disable (turn off) BitLocker for each BitLocker protected volume separately.

On my system running the PowerShell command Disable-BitLocker -MountPoint “C:” and Command Line manage-bde -off C: on Windows 10 1803 yields essentially the same end-results as you have seen on your system (you got the messages you see because you did not change X: to the actual drive letter or name of your system):

View attachment 188767
I have checked again, as i think you where right , i think i put "X" as my drive instead of "C" So, i have
done: PowerShell command Disable-BitLocker -MountPoint “C:” and Command Line manage-bde -off C:
and got this:
9jirk3.jpg

and yes i have Windows 10 and looks like is disabled by default and will just leave it at that.
But, trying to figure out if i should upgrade to Win 10 pro as i do have a win 10 pro key to activate that i paid while back, or just leave it with win 10 Home edition.

Thanks,

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.