Review Your Computers Reliability and Problem History

Status
Not open for further replies.

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi ! Here's my performance for a month. There are no problems recorded. What does your Reliability Monitor look like. How many of you have a 10??;)
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-7-reliability-monitor/
Capture48.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The Reliability Monitor can easily accessed via the System Tray > Action Center icon, or through the Control Panel.

upload_2014-12-11_18-29-56.png

The more issues you experience, the lower the bar will drop, however it will gradually increase. Constant issues, should be dealt with to find out what went wrong.

For example:
upload_2014-12-11_18-31-19.png

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I'm nearly afraid to:eek: look! ..I said nearly, for I shall gladly open the box that used to belong to a girl named Pandora and I might just find, as Edgar Allan Poe once wrote, "Darkness, ..and nothing more"!:D

Edit: Well, except for a few programs shutting down in late November, if this were my heart I'd be out of danger as these EKG-like readings look more consistent and calm.:rolleyes: I'll have to get an image capture app to cut down my long winded oratories!:D

Last edited:

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Well, except for a few programs shutting down in late November, if this were my heart I'd be out of danger as these EKG-like readings look more consistent and calm.:rolleyes: I'll have to get an image capture app to cut down my long winded oratories!:D
HiCats-4 Windows 7 has a capture app. It's called snipping tool. I use it for all my screen shots.
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-7-reliability-monitor/
Thanks for your reply Hiracan. The reliability monitor can also be accessed by typing reliability monitor in search.
The more issues you experience, the lower the bar will drop, however it will gradually increase. Constant issues, should be dealt with to find out what went wrong.
I see the reliability monitor as a giant graft of the event viewer, but to me its a lot easier to monitor my PC's performance. I check it every day.I haven't always had a perfect10 and it has helped me solve minor problems.
It doesn't have the answers to all your problems, but I think if you constantly monitor the graft, you will be aware of what's going on with your PC and just might be able to find and correct a minor problem before it becomes a major problem and as Huracan suggests "Constant issues should be dealt with to find out what went wrong"
I don't understand why more techs don't bring attention to this great tool. It's hidden, but you can find it. Give it a look and see what your PC is up to!;) Show me your Reliability Monitor!!:rolleyes:

Hi MT is right below Microso$$t on search.A head of seven forums. Hope this attracts more members to MT!
Can't hurt any thing.;) I like to follow my MT threads on Google and Yahoo to see if they get picked up.

Capture49.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi A minor error! Nothing to worry about. Looks like WOT had a minor error. I'm sure I caused the error.
WOT is my friend and so I will be watching MR.WOT.;)
Good night MT Friends. Check your reliability monitor. It can tell you a lot if you check it daily!

Attachments

• Capture48.JPG
    Capture48.JPG
    193.3 KB · Views: 446

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Ooops! Had another little booboo! Skype failed. I guess Skype wanted to upgrade. Every thing seems fine now!
I doubt if anyone here cares if my Skype failed:(,but thought I'd update MT members on the performance of this old Toshiba!;)
It's staying in there! Tomorrow might be a different story:eek:

Attachments

• Capture48.JPG
    Capture48.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 452

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Well i had a hardware fault a few days ago resulting in a system crash: http://prntscr.com/5jtwws

But apart from that only crashing or hung up programs.
Thanks for your reply! I can't read it, but looks like you have had some application failures. Do you know what failed. You really need to try and find out what failed. May be a simple up date would fix the problem.

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Capture48.JPG
Ooops Now that got my attention. First Blue Screen I ever got. At least the first Blue Screen I remember.
All is well in Okie land. I'm on the problem and all is back up and running. Thanks Macrium Reflect and Who Crashed.
Thanks Reliability Monitor!:cool::cool:

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
When is the last time you checked your Reliability Monitor?? You might just get a clue of your computers performance.
That is if your interested.;)

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Screenshot_2014-12-30 16.1.45.png
:rolleyes: Not to bad but windows did not shut down properly twice. I check mine on a regular basis.:)

Reactions: donetao

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi Just a little up date. I know your not interested, but some day you just might give the Reliability Monitor a look
Here's my last Bo-Bo Window failed to start. It dang sure did and also gave me a Blue Screen; my first ever. Was using a new piece of hardware and windows did not like it. It was a wireless toggle USB thingy . After shutting down and starting up; windows had a little fit.
Sorry computer vocabulary has a lot to be desired.;) Any way windows didn't like my toggle and gave me the BSOD.

Attachments

• Capture48.JPG
    Capture48.JPG
    189 KB · Views: 440
Reactions: frogboy

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
Remembers me of the Windows 98 introduction. Bill Gates said Windows has now autorun and its installing the drivers automatically now,
plugged the USB in and the computer Bluescreened. :)

Reactions: donetao

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Remembers me of the Windows 98 introduction. Bill Gates said Windows has now autorun and its installing the drivers automatically now,
plugged the USB in and the computer Bluescreened. :)
Sorry! I don't know exactly what you're saying??? Bill Gates is not running Microsoft these days to my knowledge!

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Ok! Some times things go right over my head. :):)
Thanks @Secondmineboy
It was a driver issue that caused my Blue Screen. Found that out with Who Crashed.
Thanks for your reply!

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! Here's what my Reliability Monitor told me. It said windows failed. It also gave me a Blue Screen. The reason was my Realteck driver failed to up date after a shut down and restart. I know I'm crazy, but I love my Reliability Monitor. You would love it too if you would only give it a try.;). I have solved the up date problem and I'm now a happy camper.:) I'm back to my 10 performance.
Capture48.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.