Robin's Config

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello robin, it is good to see you again!:)
Thank you for sharing your configuration. Exchanging Norton with Bitdefender every 20 days, if I understand correctly, is a very interesting approach which also compares two AVs over a long period!

I second GabiCRX's tips, and really should look closer into Herdprotect myself!;)

Recently, I'd learned CCleaner to also be considered a privacy software because what it does through erasing traceable temp files from one's system is additionally a preventative measure against tracking.:cool:

• Acknowledging you've deactivated UAC, my hope is that you shall consider activating this safety alert to at least default because, though "notify me only when a program tries to make changes to my computer" is understandably irritating to some, disabling it leads to a less secure system; and who wants that?o_O ;):p

Last edited:

robin hood

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Dec 12, 2012
Can I ask why?

There's no need to switch between them, use one real-time and then scan weekly with a second-opinion scanner such as HitmanPro (multiple engines), or another on-demand scanner like, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free. There's also HerdProtect, http://www.herdprotect.com/
http://malwaretips.com/threads/herdprotect-any-good.31477/
You may be right.I feel I'm better protected when changing Av(or is just a suggestion:)).I have not tried HerdProtect but these days to try.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
every 20 days changing.20 day use BDIS2015 and next 20 day NIS2014(I plan to include and 360is)..20 day NIS,20 days BDIS..and 20 days 360IS.(sorry for bad english)..
robin, *the following is meant as humor.;)

20 days of Norton, 20 days Bitdefender, 20 days Quihoo, ...together with your nice globe avatar, you'll only need one more AV choice to go "Around The World In 80 Days"!!:p:D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.