Help Me Decide Roboform vs 1Password

Discussion in 'Compare Apps Archive' started by ng4ever, Jan 16, 2017.

Roboform vs 1Password

1. Roboform

2. 1Password

1. ng4ever

ng4ever Level 9

Feb 11, 2016
    List of products to compare:
    Roboform free and paid
    1Password free (10 or 20 limited logins) and paid
    What I am most interested about:
    • Learning curve (Ease of Use)
    • Graphical User Interface
    • Exclusive Features & Functionality
    Why I want to compare:
    To see which one users on malwaretips prefer
    Roboform 8 is officially free now for unlimited logins but only one one device. Either that be a computer or mobile device. Having more than one devices requires a subscription fee of $9.95 first year and $19.95 per a year after.

1Password 4 is a more complete version which allows 10 or 20 free logins then you have to pay. 1Password 6 is ok but feature limited right now. Cost is $64.95 I believe one time for 1Password 4 for a single computer or you can pay $2.99 a month but billed annually for more than one device for a single user. That or $4.99 a month billed annually as well for a family of 5.
    Yash Khan and MalwareBlockerYT like this.
  2. I wouldn't go with either.

I would highly recommend KeePass 2.0:

KeePass works offline, is compatible with a Chrome extension (works on my Chromebook too) & has 2 Step Authentication, Password Generation (I generate 75 character passwords on there), categorising & lots of customization.

If you want it to be portable then just save the Key file & Password database to a USB & you're good to go! Just make sure you back it up :)

The problem with services like LastPass is that they claim to be secure but have been hacked many times & in reality nothing in the cloud is as secure as people claim it to be. Offline Password Managers like KeePass are always the best for security because someone has to physically gain access to your machine to have access to the passwords.
    RXZ6Q, Dodger, _CyberGhosT_ and 3 others like this.
  3. Fritz

Fritz Level 11

Sep 28, 2015
    Windows 10
    1Password is awesome. Great GUI, plugins for most browsers, available for macOS, Windows, iOS, save the database wherever you like. Big focus on functionality and privacy.
    Yash Khan likes this.
  4. _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_ Level 52

Aug 2, 2015
    Central US
    Linux Mint
    MalwareBlocker beat me to it :p
    Neither one, there are far better solutions out there
    than either of these ;)
    RXZ6Q likes this.
  5. techienerd1

techienerd1 Level 7

Mar 10, 2013
    IT Tech Cyber IT
    Windows 10
    Lass Pass
    _CyberGhosT_ likes this.
  6. Rodney74

Rodney74 Guest

1. Dashlane.

2. Stickypassword.

Both are on your PC ONLY...And both have Form Fill, which is very nice.
  7. giants8058

giants8058 Level 4

Jan 26, 2016
    Windows 7
    I have been using Roboform Local storage version 7 for several years, and am very satisfied with it. Offers several configuration options and it works very well with all sites I use it for. Form-fill works flawlessly. Not to mention everything is local..No cloud storage. Don't care what anyone says, will never use cloud storage for my passwords even though they are stored in encrypted form. But that's just me.