Battle Roboform vs 1Password

ng4ever

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Roboform 8 is officially free now for unlimited logins but only one one device. Either that be a computer or mobile device. Having more than one devices requires a subscription fee of $9.95 first year and $19.95 per a year after.

1Password 4 is a more complete version which allows 10 or 20 free logins then you have to pay. 1Password 6 is ok but feature limited right now. Cost is $64.95 I believe one time for 1Password 4 for a single computer or you can pay $2.99 a month but billed annually for more than one device for a single user. That or $4.99 a month billed annually as well for a family of 5.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

I wouldn't go with either.

I would highly recommend KeePass 2.0:

KeePass works offline, is compatible with a Chrome extension (works on my Chromebook too) & has 2 Step Authentication, Password Generation (I generate 75 character passwords on there), categorising & lots of customization.

If you want it to be portable then just save the Key file & Password database to a USB & you're good to go! Just make sure you back it up :)

The problem with services like LastPass is that they claim to be secure but have been hacked many times & in reality nothing in the cloud is as secure as people claim it to be. Offline Password Managers like KeePass are always the best for security because someone has to physically gain access to your machine to have access to the passwords.

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
1Password is awesome. Great GUI, plugins for most browsers, available for macOS, Windows, iOS, save the database wherever you like. Big focus on functionality and privacy.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
MalwareBlocker beat me to it :p
Neither one, there are far better solutions out there
than either of these ;)

Reactions: RXZ6Q

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
I have been using Roboform Local storage version 7 for several years, and am very satisfied with it. Offers several configuration options and it works very well with all sites I use it for. Form-fill works flawlessly. Not to mention everything is local..No cloud storage. Don't care what anyone says, will never use cloud storage for my passwords even though they are stored in encrypted form. But that's just me.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.