Windows Edition
Pro
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Exe Radar Pro (NoVirusThanks)
Windows Firewall Control (MalwareBytes, formerly Binisoft)
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
ESET Online Scanner
Norton Power Eraser
HitmanPro
Zemana AntiMalware
KVRT
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Mozilla Firefox
Google Chrome
Microsoft Edge

Extensions:

AdGuard for PC (ad-blocking and anti-tracking)
HTTPS Everywhere
LastPass
PopUp Blocker (strict)
NoScript Suite Lite
Canvas Defender
Maintenance tools
PatchMyPC
CCleaner
Wise Cleaner 365
Revo Uninstaller Pro
VeraCrypt
TMAC
NordVPN
SysHardener
SysInternals Autoruns and Process Explorer
File and Photo backup
SSD for Windows
HDD for data and files
System recovery
Acronis True Image File
Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/robomans-stolen-secrets-storage-device-2017-updated.72784/

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
If you use an HIPS, you don't need an Anti-exe.
HIPS is set on smart mode, hence the anti-executable. I tried to use it on its own on interactive mode but it was a pain in the neck. Since I do not control the HIPS responses I cannot be fully aware the right choice has been made over an action on my system. That's why VoodooShield is there to tell me about execution of programs on the background. :)

D

Deleted member 178

I tried to use it on its own on interactive mode but it was a pain in the neck.
so don't use ESET if it can't satisfy your need.

That's why VoodooShield is there to tell me about execution of programs on the background. :)
so just use VS with Windows Defender( or any simple AV).

Why people use stuff that don't satisfy them....just use what fit your requirements, then learn to use it to the core.
Take my example, i loved Comodo, know how to use it to the max; then i suffered its stupid bugs, i don't use it anymore.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
so don't use ESET if it can't satisfy your need.

so just use VS with Windows Defender( or any simple AV).

Why people use stuff that don't satisfy them....just use what fit your requirements, then learn to use it to the core.
Take my example, i loved Comodo, know how to use it to the max; then i suffered its stupid bugs, i don't use it anymore.
ESET satisfies me. But name me one single product that is perfect and gives you online invulnerability... I will wait. The best I can do to achieve protection for MY SPECIFIC NEEDS, is this. If you find it unpleasant, or you wouldn't use it on your system, I take your opinion, but quit trying to impose me your tastes. I know how my system works and behaves with each specific scenario and software. I thank you for your intention though.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
#26/4

Removed

• VoodooShield

Added

• NVT OSArmor

Although VoodooShield is one of my all-time favorite software, I have experienced serious slowdowns on the execution of my programs, like games or regular office suites. This has been persisting for many months and I've realised I'm sacrificing my system performance for security, which I always saw as a good thing, but lately it's been too much. To achieve a similar protection level, I have installed NVT OSArmor and checked almost every option to ensure a PC lockdown against malware and attacks, resulting on a minimum system impact. I must say I'm happy, at least by now, with the change.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
If you use an HIPS, you don't need an Anti-exe.
From my experience Eset Hips on smart mode only alert :
1-If a process wants to write a .dll to hard disk.
2-New windows startup entries.
3-some registry actions.
it only works as Anti-Exe if you run it in interactive mode.consier that Eset updates the hips module every week and without any changelog so it's hard to find out how it works.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Removed:

• ESET Internet Security

-------------------------------------------------------------------

New combo:

• Windows Defender (Andy Ful's Configure Defender for maximum settings)
  • NVT OSArmor
  • Windows Firewall Control (Binisoft)

Last edited:

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
New combo:

• Windows Defender (Andy Ful's Configure Defender for maximum settings)
  • NVT OSArmor
  • Windows Firewall Control (Binisoft)
This combo behaved really well on my secondary laptop! I'm definitely keeping it. As my main laptop I use it to work on several offices, countries and public spaces, I'm opting for something a little bit more... hardcore :ROFLMAO:

On my main PC, my combo:

• Kaspersky Internet Security (tweaked)
  • NVT OSArmor
  • MalwareBytes Anti-Exploit (to protect Avast Secure Browser and its version lag from Chrome)
  • AdGuard for Windows
I'm using KISv19 and it's behaving really really light (even lighter than WD) and consuming less than 65MB of my RAM lol.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
This combo behaved really well on my secondary laptop! I'm definitely keeping it. As my main laptop I use it to work on several offices, countries and public spaces, I'm opting for something a little bit more... hardcore :ROFLMAO:

On my main PC, my combo:

• Kaspersky Internet Security (tweaked)
  • NVT OSArmor
  • MalwareBytes Anti-Exploit (to protect Avast Secure Browser and its version lag from Chrome)
  • AdGuard for Windows
I'm using KISv19 and it's behaving really really light (even lighter than WD) and consuming less than 65MB of my RAM lol.
If you like KIS why not use KFA on your secondary laptop?

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
If you like KIS why not use KFA on your secondary laptop?
That's a good option, indeed! :) But my secondary laptop gets so little use that I find Windows Defender to be enough, plus talking from experience, this laptop hates third party antivirus... It suicides itself with sites breaking, random white squares instead of apps GUI's...I used to format it once in a while to see if it's better but I think it's just the way it feels lol :p
I might consider it though, maybe it could be a good option, never tried KFA on it :)

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
My guys!

REMOVED
Kaspersky Internet Security
Disabled Windows Defender (automatically turns on)

ADDED
VoodooShield Pro
Windows Firewall Control from Binisoft

------------------------------

Betting for new sig-less combo, tired of antivirus issues (even Windows Defender gave me problems). Locking my PC with the following:
  • OSArmor
  • VoodooShield Pro
  • WFC
  • AdGuard Premium for PC
Could you recommend me any extension for browser phishing and malware protection?

slash/

Level 6
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
Nice changes, I'm thinking about doing a similar setup on my next clean format. Nothing beats the lightness of an anti-exe and third-party firewall control.

uBlock Origin (or AdGuard in your case) should be sufficient browser protection, in my opinion. That, and your eyes. Just make sure the sites you are on are secure, HTTPS, and certified.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Nice changes, I'm thinking about doing a similar setup on my next clean format. Nothing beats the lightness of an anti-exe and third-party firewall control.

uBlock Origin (or AdGuard in your case) should be sufficient browser protection, in my opinion. That, and your eyes. Just make sure the sites you are on are secure, HTTPS, and certified.
he should be using adguard client if he have purchased it already.

Norton safe web
Malwarebytes ( disable ad/tracking protection)
comodo online security

those are pretty decent

Voodooshield is enough, no antivirus needed as advanced user

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.