Windows Edition
Pro
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Exe Radar Pro (NoVirusThanks)
Windows Firewall Control (MalwareBytes, formerly Binisoft)
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
ESET Online Scanner
Norton Power Eraser
HitmanPro
Zemana AntiMalware
KVRT
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Mozilla Firefox
Google Chrome
Microsoft Edge

Extensions:

AdGuard for PC (ad-blocking and anti-tracking)
HTTPS Everywhere
LastPass
PopUp Blocker (strict)
NoScript Suite Lite
Canvas Defender
Maintenance tools
PatchMyPC
CCleaner
Wise Cleaner 365
Revo Uninstaller Pro
VeraCrypt
TMAC
NordVPN
SysHardener
SysInternals Autoruns and Process Explorer
File and Photo backup
SSD for Windows
HDD for data and files
System recovery
Acronis True Image File
Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/robomans-stolen-secrets-storage-device-2017-updated.72784/

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
With extensions I'd say HTTPS Everywhere is redundant in 2018, most website now deploy HTTPS as standard.
Security extension to add I would say is Malwarenytes Browser Extension or WDBP.

Everything else is covered too, thanks for sharing. Nothing else to add.

~LDogg

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I have added the following add-on to my browser a couple of hours ago by recommendation of @Moonhorse:
  • MalwareBytes Browser Extension
Thanks @LDogg for recommending it as well!

So far, I love it. It's install and forget, has though many options as to enable disable tracking/ads, malware, scamming, and more. I attach a picture. And it's really sensitive (the good way). Seems to be accurate, gonna test more within the days.

Attachments

• 2018-07-19 19_06_22-chrome-extension___ihcjicgdanjaechkgeegckofjjedodee_settings_settings.html.png
    2018-07-19 19_06_22-chrome-extension___ihcjicgdanjaechkgeegckofjjedodee_settings_settings.html.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 418

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
@RoboMan what's your experience with OSA and VS until now?
I was also thinking of going sigless and use these 2 softwares ( VS free though).
But i need something for replacing Eset's web filter which is very good.
Toni my friend! So far it's been wonderful, actually :) Let me tell you my experience:
  • Complete delete of all general slowdowns
  • Faster booting time/shutting down time
  • No more random blank screens or software errors/crashes
  • Less intrusive
  • RAM and CPU are constantly low
  • Browser speed is much faster
  • The only kind of slowdown I have is when I execute a new software/installer without disabling VS shield. If you're smarter than me and you remember to turn it off when installing apps, then it's no issue. But I only remember once I've launched the installer and now I shall wait a couple of seconds lol.
  • General program launching much faster (if it's whitelisted because you already opened it once or the software is trusted, e.g an office document, it's as fast as you can imagine, almost instant launch)
As to replace a standard antivirus web injection, I have installed MalwareBytes Browser Extension (beta). It is overall very sensitive so it will block very efficiently, almost everything you think of (scam, phishing, malware, ads, clickbait). Very useful. I paired it with AdGuard desktop app and I'm pretty much set up. My browser security configuration is:
  • AdGuard
  • MalwareBytes Browser Extension
  • HTTPS Everywhere
  • Canvas Defender
Everything is great, smooth, and fast. Will probably keep this forever. I went all-in with the combo and I'm using Binisoft's WFC to manage Windows Firewall with notifications, creating or deleting rules only allowed through this software.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I have tried Malwarebytes extension but it's slowing down my browsing ( although not much ).
After trying VS and OSA i agree with your opinion about them.
I am just a bit worried because i am using W7 not W10 but i don't think i will have a problem.
Thank you so much for your answer.
I will test this set up and i will let you know my thoughts.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I am just a bit worried because i am using W7 not W10 but i don't think i will have a problem.
Ugh.. You got me here. Can't say any valid argument. I don't think you will be -as protected- as on Windows 10, due to the fact that Microsoft implemented a lot of security features on the lastest OS. Nevertheless, most of the basics should be covered with OSA+VS. Maybe you could sandbox your browser just in case, as an extra measure of security :)

I

illumination

Being a known member here for around 4 years in this forum you should have by now, learned enough to secure yourself with bare necessities and be good with those safer then normal surfing habits you have acquired participating... ;)

Now to add to this, unless you're a small business or giant corporation, i would not get too comfortable on the edge of paranoia with the rest of the 'it is not secure enough" crowd.... I would just hone those safe habits, and watch what im doing and enjoy my machine... :D

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Being a known member here for around 4 years in this forum you should have by now, learned enough to secure yourself with bare necessities and be good with those safer then normal surfing habits you have acquired participating... ;)

Now to add to this, unless you're a small business or giant corporation, i would not get too comfortable on the edge of paranoia with the rest of the 'it is not secure enough" crowd.... I would just hone those safe habits, and watch what im doing and enjoy my machine... :D

Always the calm voice of reason. (y)

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
It's Saturday my dudes

Removed:
VoodoShield
OSArmor

Added:
Comodo Firewall (CS Settings)

-----------------------------------------

Active security:
Comodo Firewall (CS Settings)
AdGuard for PC
SysHardener to harden Windows security

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
@RoboMan I give you a week max until comodo breaks something.

Ps test opening a doc/docx you got from online and see if Office secure open function operates :ROFLMAO:
LOL hopefully it doesn't..

I've lied a bit since I didn't install it on Saturday...Since Wednesday working up to know...No problems so far, system speed is amazing (opening docs, files, programs, even faster than VS+OSA). As for bugs... I don't think I've seen any. Maybe on Friday which suddenly auto-sandbox wasn't working like at all. But a reboot fixed that. May had been due to turning HIPS to learning mode and then back to normal. Maybe whitelisted everything it saw. Maybe it just killed itself and didn't wanna work. Working now :)

Reactions: given and oldschool

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
@RoboMan I give you a week max until comodo breaks something.

Ps test opening a doc/docx you got from online and see if Office secure open function operates :ROFLMAO:
My excel's are randomly corrupted and won't open. I need to send them to somebody over Skype and have them sent back, then they open :emoji_sob::emoji_sob:

Reactions: given and oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.