Windows Edition
Pro
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Exe Radar Pro (NoVirusThanks)
Windows Firewall Control (MalwareBytes, formerly Binisoft)
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
ESET Online Scanner
Norton Power Eraser
HitmanPro
Zemana AntiMalware
KVRT
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Mozilla Firefox
Google Chrome
Microsoft Edge

Extensions:

AdGuard for PC (ad-blocking and anti-tracking)
HTTPS Everywhere
LastPass
PopUp Blocker (strict)
NoScript Suite Lite
Canvas Defender
Maintenance tools
PatchMyPC
CCleaner
Wise Cleaner 365
Revo Uninstaller Pro
VeraCrypt
TMAC
NordVPN
SysHardener
SysInternals Autoruns and Process Explorer
File and Photo backup
SSD for Windows
HDD for data and files
System recovery
Acronis True Image File
Computer specs
https://malwaretips.com/threads/robomans-stolen-secrets-storage-device-2017-updated.72784/

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
My excel's are randomly corrupted and won't open. Secure open needs certain files, locations, etc to determine if they will start with it so that is why you think it's random. I need to send them to somebody over Skype and have them sent back, then they open :emoji_sob::emoji_sob:
They are not actually corrupted. CF breaks the secure open feature like i said so they appear as corrupted. If you right click, properties, and tick the unblock box they will work.
There is an even easier solution which is uninstalling the bug magnet called comodo because this bug is one of many.

Example to test. Grab this random doc from the internet.
http://www.jcarl.org/images/Introducing_Cat_to_Dog.docx

Reactions: RoboMan

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
They are not actually corrupted. CF breaks the secure open feature like i said so they appear as corrupted. If you right click, properties, and tick the unblock box they will work.
There is an even easier solution which is uninstalling the bug magnet called comodo because this bug is one of many.

LOL I already uninstalled it. Back to my roots... can you guess which software? Hint: I'm using its Encrypted Vault to securely store my files, although not sure if it's as safe as Veracrypt.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
LOL I already uninstalled it. Back to my roots... can you guess which software? Hint: I'm using its Encrypted Vault to securely store my files, although not sure if it's as safe as Veracrypt.
I prefer veracrypt. So you are telling me i convinced you to try bitdefender? LOL!

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I see. I never used the total security so i had no idea it had such a feature. When KIS annoys you, which it will, try bitdefender. kthxbai :p

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Ikarus is fine too, it can drive as well for you, so you can ditch your old car, in the bus whole MT crew would fit in. I hope you have a license.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RoboMan

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

No problem here with Comodo Firewall version 11.0.0.6606.:unsure:

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I see. I never used the total security so i had no idea it had such a feature. When KIS annoys you, which it will, try bitdefender. kthxbai :p
This is basically your fault. Using BitDefender Total Security since about two weeks ago... So far I liked the protection and signatures, nevertheless I find new bugs everyday LOL. Safe Files and Application Access is really useful to avoid any program modificating my files. Firewal on interactive mode is realy great! And ransomware remediation... well...It detected the rendering of my video as ransomware activity, rollbacked all changes and deleted my project :D

Last week it couldn't update for like a week, giving random errors which suddenly got solved by itself. Overall, it's working great? :) Will give it more time for sure, lately it's been doing good and I like it.

New combo:

Security
  • Bitdefender Total Security
  • VoodooShield
  • OSArmor
Browsing
  • Google Chrome (latest build)
  • AdGuard PC App
  • LastPass
  • HTTPS Everywhere
  • Canvas Defender

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
This is basically your fault. Using BitDefender Total Security since about two weeks ago... So far I liked the protection and signatures, nevertheless I find new bugs everyday LOL. Safe Files and Application Access is really useful to avoid any program modificating my files. Firewal on interactive mode is realy great! And ransomware remediation... well...It detected the rendering of my video as ransomware activity, rollbacked all changes and deleted my project :D

Last week it couldn't update for like a week, giving random errors which suddenly got solved by itself. Overall, it's working great? :) Will give it more time for sure, lately it's been doing good and I like it.

New combo:
Security
  • Bitdefender Total Security
  • VoodooShield
  • OSArmor
Browsing
  • Google Chrome (latest build)
  • AdGuard PC App
  • LastPass
  • HTTPS Everywhere
  • Canvas Defender
Yes the rollback is aggressive but that is good in my opinion as for the applications i use it will only happen one and then i will whitelist them. Consider disabling ssl if you don't really care about filtering links which is useless as it uses an older standard (tls1.2). Also keep in mind that whitelist totally ignores amsi detection so if you keep malware rar them with another file together and a password.
Updates are a little sensitive on the timeout so if your connection is busy they fail. But it keeps retrying and eventually it will happen at least in my case. I have fail updates several time per time because of my connection.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
BitDefender smd lol

Uninstalled everything and turned Windows Defender off.

Using MalwareBytes' Windows Firewall Control (formerly Binisoft) and Exe Radar Pro. Protecting my browser with MalwareBytes Browser Extension.

I can't deal with antivirus' slowdown but I still keep installing then. Why are you like this Roboman?

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
BTW, please update your configuration, otherwise I'm confused. (y)
lmao I totally forgot to update my configuration! Thanks for the reminder, and done :)
You got rid of BD. I was hoping we could compare bug reports! :LOL: Now what do I do? It seems like verybody and their brother around here is using Kaspersky! :LOL:
My major bug was with the updates...suddenly it wouldn't update for a few days and then work again... Weird. Plus the lack of an Application Control. And the last thing that made me get rid of it was the horrible support, which held me on the phone literally 47 minutes to get support until I hang up. And chat took an amazing 27 minutes to answer.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.