rocky's Config

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
'On-demand scanners: none'

Hmm rocky, consider maybe use of: anti-rootkits like XueTr, PowerTool .. MBR checkers .. UVK, MBAM, RecentFileSeeker, AM-DeadLink etc. I have the big list if you wish ..

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Suggestions you can add:

Comodo Cleaning Essentials- You can use it as portable/ on demand scanner.

And in Firefox under of addons then add WOT (Web of Trust) good alongside with Bitdefender Trafficlight,

R

rocky

Thread author
Thanks for the suggestions. I have removed MSE and windows firewall and relying on DefenseWall Personal FireWall for realtime. And added:
Macrium Reflect 5.0
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (on demand)

I had a scare today and DefenseWall saved my hide despite myself and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware cleaned up the debris. Bitdefender Trafficlight helped confirm the problem after returning to download site to redownload suspect. MSE was there thru the whole ordeal (quietly) so it is gone. It was a good thing DefenseWall was stubborn cause I did everything wrong from the start.I think I am in a position now where I better trust my security software and quit thinking.;)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
After uninstalling Microsoft Security Essentials, did you disable Windows Defender?

R

rocky

Thread author
Yes disabled it ,was that good or bad? Memory usage seemed to going up the longer the computer run and that seemed to stop it. Thanks

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I've also want to recommend ToolWiz Time Freeze, its basically you can run any program inside in a isolated environment and you can undo anytime. Capable also when experimenting with viruses.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.