On Sale! Rollback Rx - 55% off

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Rishi

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
RollBack Rx

• Reverse any system crash even if Windows can't startup.
  • Back out of any failed software installations, botched updates, etc.
  • Manually reverse user errors or set Restore-on-Reboot or Log-off.
  • Roll back minutes, hours, or even months.
  • Quickly roll backwards and forwards to any system snapshot.
  • Allows users to safely test any software. Fast, 100% clean uninstaller.
  • Retrieve files from a crashed PC, even if Windows is corrupted or cannot boot.
  • Prevent unauthorized users from accessing your PC and sensitive data.
  • Automatically schedule snapshots or hard drive restores.
  • Day Zero Disaster Recovery with no data loss.

$31.05 $69.00@ 55% discount

Offer link : RollBack Rx - Backup and Restore Software - 55% off for PC

Ends in : 24 hours or less

H

hjlbx

Good deal if you have a HDD.

SSD is a no go.

HDS keeps claiming that Rollback RX supports SSD TRIM when, in fact, it does not.

On W8/10 if you install Rollback RX, then the built-in Optimize Drives & TRIM will not run for SSD.

This has been reported on the Horizon Data forum, but they have chosen to ignore it.

The "spin" has been on-going for over 4 years now.

Another soft vendor claiming that their soft does this or that when it does not:

RollBack Rx and SSD TRIM - Horizon DataSys Community Forum

Last edited by a moderator:

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
@Umbra told me that it does not support dual boot of Windows + Linux, either.

My desktop computer has dual boot of Win7 + Ubuntu 12.04, so I cannot use it on my desktop.

My laptop computer has a SSD, so I cannot use it on my laptop.

Therefore, although it could be a great product, I can use it nowhere...

Reactions: frogboy and Rishi

Rishi

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
@Umbra told me that it does not support dual boot of Windows + Linux, either.

My desktop computer has dual boot of Win7 + Ubuntu 12.04, so I cannot use it on my desktop.

My laptop computer has a SSD, so I cannot use it on my laptop.

Therefore, although it could be a great product, I can use it nowhere...

Just curious, are you having multiple HD/ partitions for multi-boot or you used EasyBCD method? I am also wanting to have a dual-boot system after long time.

Last edited:

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
are you having multiple HD/ partitions for multi-boot or you used EasyBCD method

I have only one HDD.

During the installation of Ubuntu 12.04, I create a separate boot partition (200 MB). The boot loader of Ubuntu is installed to that partition.

Then I use EasyBCD to add the boot entry corresponding to Ubuntu to the boot menu.

By the way, now I realize that 200 MB may not be enough, because the kernel could be updated frequently, and the old kernel files will not be deleted from the partition automatically.

Of course, you can delete those files manually with command lines. But for convenience, I would recommend to you set the size of the boot partition to 500 MB or more.

Reactions: frogboy and Rishi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.