Battle Rollback RX or COMODO Time Machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
I've never used Rollback RX, but I know that it is what Comodo licensed to base Time Machine on.

Comodo Time Machine's development is currently on hold until more information is known about the restore functions in Windows 8 are going to be, so any support on the software is going to be fairly non-existent. The download links on the software page have also been removed. You can still download it from the Comodo forums though.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Like HeffeD said the development for Comodo Time Machine was temporary stopped so Rollback RX would be the only choice.
To be fair I've never tried Rollback RX so I can't comment on how good is it,but I've used Returnil System Safe and Shadow Defender in the past which are very good software.My main choice would be Shadow Defender.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Jack said:
Like HeffeD said the development for Comodo Time Machine was temporary stopped so Rollback RX would be the only choice.
To be fair I've never tried Rollback RX so I can't comment on how good is it,but I've used Returnil System Safe and Shadow Defender in the past which are very good software.My main choice would be Shadow Defender.

I think Rollback RX wins when compared to Windows System Restore, right? :D

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:

Yes. Rollback RX can restore any changes to your drive. System Restore only restores particular areas of your drive.

Note that Rollback RX doesn't mean you don't need to have a full backup of your system somewhere. ;) You can still encounter issues that a rollback can't fix.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
HeffeD said:
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:

Yes. Rollback RX can restore any changes to your drive. System Restore only restores particular areas of your drive.

Note that Rollback RX doesn't mean you don't need to have a full backup of your system somewhere. ;) You can still encounter issues that a rollback can't fix.

What do yoy think about COMODO Time Machine?

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
I use Comodo Time Machine on my VM. I think it works very well. I just know that some people don't like to use software that isn't supported.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
me and Mrxidus ever try rollback.
MrXidus said: Rollback Rx great for me.
and i said too.
and, Comodo Time machine is using Rollback Rx engine. so their is same.
nowadays, just using shadow defender will be better for me.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
i remember, MrXidus said like that.
but, i read more about that on this link. not true about that.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/archive/index.php/t-277270.html
Afaik Nate, that is not correct. Rollback Rx and Eaz-Fix are sister products from the same developer, but not CTM. Of course, RB and EF are not free (whereas CTM is free), but as they are much more mature than CTM, RB and EF have already gone through their 'growing pains'.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Yes, also there are some issues from CTM that can caused BSOD.

Been using Rollback Rx for year and a half now. Done me wonders. Before hand I used CTM,
Didn't get any BSOD or any un-stability.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
MrXidus said:
jamescv7 said:
Yes, also there are some issues from CTM that can caused BSOD.

Been using Rollback Rx for year and a half now. Done me wonders. Before hand I used CTM,
Didn't get any BSOD or any un-stability.

You were using CTM when your channel DigitalConduct was working, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.