Battle Rollback RX or COMODO Time Machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
WinAndLinuxTutorials said:
MrXidus said:
jamescv7 said:
Yes, also there are some issues from CTM that can caused BSOD.

Been using Rollback Rx for year and a half now. Done me wonders. Before hand I used CTM,
Didn't get any BSOD or any un-stability.

You were using CTM when your channel DigitalConduct was working, right?

Yes that is correct.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
MrXidus said:
MrXidus said:
jamescv7 said:
Yes, also there are some issues from CTM that can caused BSOD.

Been using Rollback Rx for year and a half now. Done me wonders. Before hand I used CTM,
Didn't get any BSOD or any un-stability.

You were using CTM when your channel DigitalConduct was working, right?

Yes that is correct.

In your opinion which one is better for a 64-bit OS, CTM or Rollback Rx

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For me Rollback RX would fit in 64 system. Also likely said by MrXidus, CTM is no longer continuous development by Comodo.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
jamescv7 said:
For me Rollback RX would fit in 64 system. Also likely said by MrXidus, CTM is no longer continuous development by Comodo.

Since CTM isn't supported, I think it may create problems with Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, right?

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Valentin N said:
jamescv7 said:
Of course yes, as CTM didn't managed to support Win 7 with SP1.

I had CTM installed with SP1 and no problems occurred.

^^Maybe I will face something different since I am using a 64-bit OS, I don't know. Have you tried it on a Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1?

I haven't but you could try to install it in a Wmware and see how it does there. Don't forget that you can't defrag your disk and no raid is supported. For SSD TRIM-function needs to be off.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Edit: Well I'm only based on what I saw some post about BSOD in CTM, the only fact is you can better test them out in Virtual Machine.

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
I had try both of them before, my recommendation is none.
The last time i was having an issue with Rollback RX was just two weeks ago.
I was creating a new baseline for my lappy and it suddenly shutdown, try to get it restore but couldn't since it was already partly overwritten. The only way to make my machine to boot is to do a fresh install.

I think this will make and interesting reading.

Try to scroll down from the link above and read this particular comment by Gregg L. DesElms. CTM is based on RollbackRX if i'm aware of, this will give a general idea how this type of programs works. It will do the job for some of you and sometime it won't.

Good Day :rolleyes:

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
bitbizket said:
I was creating a new baseline for my lappy and it suddenly shutdown, try to get it restore but couldn't since it was already partly overwritten. The only way to make my machine to boot is to do a fresh install.

Try to scroll down from the link above and read this particular comment by Gregg L. DesElms. CTM is based on RollbackRX if i'm aware of, this will give a general idea how this type of programs works. It will do the job for some of you and sometime it won't.

Which OS were you using when you faced the issue with Rollback Rx?

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
It was Windows 7 Pro 32bit.
This is the first time that it happened thought i had used it about 3 years at random.
Its not that bad since my main files are all in my desktop.
I normally use Acronis for backup.

Thanks

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
bitbizket said:

CTM was based on RollbackRX but as time has passed CTM has evolved and has nowdays its own code. That is what comodo said. also in the beginning Melih said that they eliminated many of the bugs that Rollback had.

on my ex laptop I had CTM 2.9beta 32bit and it worked very stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.