Rollback Rx Pro [Version 11]

What Would You Rate Rollback Rx Version 11?

• 5 Stars (Excellent)

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • 4 Stars (Very good)

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • 3 Stars (Good)

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • 2 Stars (Fair)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 1 Star (Poor)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I have never used Rollback RX Pro.

Votes: 20 51.3%

• Total voters
Product name
Rollback Rx Professional
Pros
  • - Speed and Efficiency
    - Great protection for what it offers
    - New UI looks modern (finally)
    - Data Protection and Encryption
    - Endpoint Manager is free and a useful tool
CONS
- Snapshots Still Can't Be Exported To Other Hard Drives/External Media
- Slightly Expensive
BOTTOM LINE
Rollback Rx Pro improves upon itself with some great new features and a cleaner UI. While it required some workarounds to work with Windows 10, it's now fully compatible which makes it a great tool for Windows 10 users.
Protection
Very Good
Usability
5 / 5
User Interface
4 / 5
CPU/RAM/Storage
Fair Usage

JHomes

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Rollback Rx Pro Version 11 recently released and I've been putting it through it's paces on a test machine.

As always when I test software I perform three tests: I test the software as it's meant to be used, I will run a Malware/Ransomware Test, Finally I'll let my 10 year old use the computer for 30 minutes and see if it can be saved. I also added one more for this: Windows Updates.

On initial test, Rollback performs as it always has. Restored the machine after I deleted some registries and deleted some programs/services. Was able to recover a file from a crashed state. So that was a pass!

I then downloaded a Ransomware sample (in a offline protected VM environment) and Rollback Rx Pro Ver 11 was able to restore the machines to a previously clean state.

Then the 10 year old test. My son downloaded fortnite, and when it was updating it crashed the machine with a BSOD. Good job young meatbag. Was able to restore.

Finally, Windows Updates. Previously this was my biggest complain with Rollback. A Creator's Update would either not complete, or would destroy my pre-boot environment (including Rollback Rx). I installed the last major update which I knew previously with Rollback I needed to uninstall it for. With Version 11 installed, the update installed without issue.

All in all I'm satisfied. My main issues with Version 10 were addressed, and others, like the new UI, are a welcome surprise.

JHomes

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Also similar to Toolwiz Time Freeze, but I don't know it's still maintained. (Wilders thread).

Yeah. Seems like most of these companies are either re-focusing or out of business. I remember hearing of Rollback Rx because Comodo Time Machine fell by the waist side, and Comodo HATES people bringing up CTM. I found this out first hand lol

It's pretty much Deep Freeze and Rollback Rx in terms of features, support, etc, but I'd only use DF on a public computer not on my own.

Reactions: Stopspying

patrocle

Level 1
Verified
Aug 4, 2014
Had v10 and Updated to v11, and now it say the key from v10 not working, anyone had this problem? activating the new version?
Opened support ticket two days ago and looks that they take their time replying to tickets and i can not even use the software.

D

Deleted member 178

Had v10 and Updated to v11, and now it say the key from v10 not working, anyone had this problem? activating the new version?
Opened support ticket two days ago and looks that they take their time replying to tickets and i can not even use the software.
you need to purchase a new license for v11, unless you are under a Gold support membership.

Reactions: XhenEd

patrocle

Level 1
Verified
Aug 4, 2014
you need to purchase a new license for v11, unless you are under a Gold support membership.
Yes, i am a Gold support and maintenance membership.
I chat with their chat guy and he said that i need to open ticket, to get new key i guess, but that was 2 days ago...slow support they have...

Reactions: XhenEd

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Opened support ticket two days ago and looks that they take their time replying to tickets and i can not even use the software
I'm in the same boat.

I have Gold Support Maintenance, but waiting on support for a new license

Great software, highly recommended.(if you can afford it) It savd me twice from BSOD on my testing machine.

D

Deleted member 178

yes, but if you want trim it :
Turn off RX protection from tray icon (will merge all snapshots, so delete the ones you don't want to keep) > reboot > trim > turn on RX protection.

patrocle

Level 1
Verified
Aug 4, 2014
I'm in the same boat.
I contact them yesterday from the contact form, and someone reply this morning with and they said:
"Version 11 Upgrades will be taking longer than our typical 24 hour response time. You can expect your new Product ID within a few days."
But no one reply to my first ticket opened from july/6/2018 yet, i guess they will today or in coming days. It is what it is... waiting for that key to activate, as u can not get into the software without activating first.
Let me know when they reply to your ticket...

Reactions: SumTingWong

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
They have not replied to my ticket yet, still waiting...
I sent mine 3 days ago, but I have to allow for the weekend.

Reactions: SumTingWong

JHomes

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
They have not replied to my ticket yet, still waiting...
I sent mine 3 days ago, but I have to allow for the weekend.

I sent in mine on Friday and got it by Tuesday last week so it does take them a while. I imagine they have a lot of requests...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.