Rollback RX - Utorrent Problems !

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasse Larsson

Thread author
Nov 11, 2017
Hello !

I have searched on the internet but I can't find anything anywhere about rollback RX not working correctly together with Utorrent ot other P2P-programs.

I am new to Rollback RX home version but I have red alot about the program and I have had it Installed for two days before uninstalling it because og disk space problems - but I really love the program and I really want to get it working. So maybe someone here can help me ?

I know you should install Windows ( 7 in my case ) and after that install Rollback RX because you want a small Baseline Snapshot to start with. In my case that is not possible right now even if I will do that on my next computer upgrade. Bur right now I have a 500 GB hard drive that is VERY VERY fragmented. 440 GB is filled with a lot of files - I believe around 2.000.000 files in total - and 60 GB is free.

That is the start scenario. So - to test the system I made one or two snapshot that took up 880 MB and 91 MB. That's fine I thought ! Because I only plan to have maybe 3 in total to be able to revert to the last one if I am hit by a virus or some program get corrupted !

So - after that I tried to use utorrent and downloaded a file that was around 20 GB - Should be NO problem because I have nearly 60 GB left - But after only download 8 GB Utorrent stops ans say "Torrent error - You are running out of diskspace !" Tried many times but the same result ! In explorer I still had 40 GB left !

So I did a new test - I started all over with Rollback RX - Uninstalled it and installed it again with my 60 GB free hard disk space. But this time i filled up the computer with a map that was around 5 GB and copied it to diferent locations on the Harddrive - And I could do so until I more or less run out of Diskspace - NO - Absolutely NO problem.

So - I deleted theese 58 GB of carbage files and expected to get them back - bur no luck - still only 2-3 GB free space on the harddrive. So i red about defragmenting the snapshots and did that and restarted the PC - and all my 60 GB was back (in windows).

Now to my questions - There are 5 of them and I appreciate ALL kind of trying to help me out here !

1. Can it be the SPEED from utorrent - Then Utorrent downloads with 7.5 MB/s maybe Rollback RX can't copy with that speed ?

2. Or can the problems be caused by utorrent downoading a lot of fragmnted files and that caused the disk space on my hard drive to get filled up very very fast ?

3. The reason for making a baseline snapshot from the start after installing windows - Could you clearly explain the difference in diskspace if you compare making the first baseline snapshot with a fresh windows system - around 15 GB - compared to install it on a heavy fragmented 440 GB disk ?
How much memory will I "win" in the long run ? And are there other issuses regarding this ?

4. Is there really no other way to get the free memory back in windows WITHOUT having to restart the computer (after defragmenting the snapshot files) ?

5. What is the best reasons for actually buying the PRO Version ? It is of course different from person to person - but please tell me Your Ideas regarding that !

Would really apreciate some thought on thos subjectt !

If you can answer just one of the questios I am still very grateful !

Kind Regards Lasse from Sweden !

Reactions: Rengar and XhenEd

lasse Larsson

Thread author
Nov 11, 2017
Hello Peter !

I guess I Can't say I know exactly how the program works - I have red and understand the principles of the programm
and I have tested the program so I can use it - but for sure my questions shows that I have a lot to learn. I do understand
that Rollback RX use low level disk "language" that is hidden from windows - And because of that I can't see how much
space it actuallly uses.

Kind Regards Lasse !

Reactions: shmu26 and XhenEd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.