Basic Security root. pc setup configuration

  • Thread starter Thread starter root.
  • Start date Start date
Last updated
Aug 17, 2024
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
On-device encryption
Other full-disk drive encryption software
Device sign-in security
    • Hardware security key
Security updates
Check for updates and Notify
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Smart App Control
Evaluation mode
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
Windows Security
Device firewall
Microsoft Defender Firewall with Advanced Security
Custom security settings
Windows 11 image built with MicroWin

AdGuard
Periodic malware scanners
RKill
HitmanPro
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
VMware Workstation Pro
Browsers and extensions
Brave
Librefox

uBlock Origin
Secure DNS
Control D
  • Dynamic DNS, Malware, New Domains, Phishing
  • HaGeZi Pro, TIF, Control D
  • DNS Rebind Protection, Disable DNSSEC, Block/Redirect/Bypass TTL
Desktop VPN
Proton VPN
  • Killswitch
  • Control D upstream

Windscribe
  • Control D upstream
Password and passkey manager
Proton Pass
Bitwarden
File and photo backups
Filen (500GB Lifetime)
Other
Subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
MicroWin ISO
Backup
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Gaming
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Coding and development
Computer specs
Too much data mining.
Feedback preference

Only essential issues, please

Actually it's ok.

I just got back from another "Advanced Plus" configuration, in which they are using a very similar setup to mine with these differences:

UAC set to "Do not dim"
No VPN
Risk factors including visiting shady websites, etc.

If this is what I need to do to achieve "Advanced Plus", I think I'm better off and more secure with my basic setup.
 
Really? which one?

If You have UAC set to Do not dim, then the tag should be directly At-Risk... probably you did not announce the change of that setting to that status, and I missed that...

To sum up: no VPN, means not Plus + the last one could even be changed to Danger...
 
Really? which one?

If You have UAC set to Do not dim, then the tag should be directly At-Risk... probably you did not announce the change of that setting to that status, and I missed that...

To sum up: no VPN, means not Plus + the last one could even be changed to Danger...
One of the top 5 most recently replied to. 😂

In any case, UAC set to the 2nd highest security while running a fully customized Windows 11 image is more than sufficient.

And a full system backup truly defeats the purpose of all the effort I put into creating my slimmed Windows 11 image.
 
1723919700616.png


It's not the 2nd highest, but below Default...
 
Maybe the person that initially approved it for public view accidentally changed something and then changed it back after you saw it. Idk.

Kindly leave the title as-is, as it is privacy-focused in itself, to stay off search engine results should I choose to keep the username.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top