.ROTE Malware issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasir Ullah

Thread author
Nov 25, 2019
Hi,
Yesterday I downloaded a cracked software from torrent and after its installation something unusual started started happening to my Laptop. It was like, some softwares automatically got downloaded and installed and there was a single software which was continuously getting downloaded and installed in the background but wasn't shown in the installed apps. It was only shown when I was shutting down the system. And my browser was also malfunctioning like new tabs were getting opened and some websites "clickmax.com","thegoodcards" something like that, were opening on their own continuously. There was also on additional option in the menu of Chrome which says "your browser is being administered" something like that.
I reinstalled windows 10 today and the problem with the browser and software installation is solved but all my files in the PC are corrupted and an additional extension .ROTE is added to all the files, and non of the entire 200 GB files is opening.
I also tried some anti-malware softwares like EMSISOFT, Malwarebytes but problem still exists.
Thanks for reading this.
I hope someone has the solution.
Thank you,
Best regards,
Nasir

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hello, Welcome to MalwareTips.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===
Very few Ransomware infected files are recoverable.

Navigate to this site and submit the files requested from their review.

You will be informed of what you are dealing with and if the files can be restored.

As far as we know your best solution if available, is to restore your files from a personal backup.

p.s.
Do you have any other problems with this computer that we can help with.
===

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.