• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I think WifiInfo from Nirsoft could do that or perhaps network monitor apps on parted magic/forensics distros can track em. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Wordward

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
I don't want to hijack this thread, but my question may fit here. I've been thinking about getting a new router for some time now. I have a Linksys E1000, maybe 5 years old. Firmware is dated March 2010. Recently, I've been experiencing a Yahoo mail problem. It freezes when deleting emails in both Chrome and Edge browsers. Sometimes after only a few deletions, and sometimes not until the last one. It doesn't delete and I have to go out of current mail to say, Spam, and then go back in to delete last email. Even then it doesn't always delete and I have to go back out and check mark it to delete. I'm thinking my router has something to with this, but surfing is fast. No other internet slowness. I looked at a newer Linksys router, dual band, with backwards capability around 79 to 99 dollar price range. I don't have N technology on my laptop. Comcast is my provider. Yahoo freezes on other laptops as well. I can't find a place with a different provider, but if I get on Yahoo mail at work, the deletions work fine. My modem is Motorola Surfboard 6141, fairly new. I just started having this problem maybe 3 weeks ago. Uninstalled SecureAPlus, but no difference. Only running Windows Defender, nothing else in real time. If this question needs to be moved to a different area, let me know. But I am planning on getting a new router, due to mine being so old. I will reread some of the suggestions here, but wondered what cold suddenly be happening with yahoo freezing. Thanks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wordward

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011

Wordward

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
Yahoo email problem has cleared up. Maybe a Comcast thing. I did update my routers firmware and set channel and bandwidth to auto. There are occasional connection losses though. I read somewhere that this can be due to router problems. So that said. My Asus notebook shows 150 Mbps with router set to mix. Considering my current router is over 5 years old, what would be a good replacement for under 80 bucks, and would it be worth it to spend the money? Thanks.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I checked with grc.com And everything comes up fine But I get this -
"Ping Reply: RECEIVED (FAILED) — Your system REPLIED to our Ping (ICMP Echo) requests, making it visible on the Internet. Most personal firewalls can be configured to block, drop, and ignore such ping requests in order to better hide systems from hackers. This is highly recommended since "Ping" is among the oldest and most common methods used to locate systems prior to further exploitation".

What should I do?

Win 10 64
Windows Firewall

Reactions: King Alpha
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.