Status
Not open for further replies.

russ0408

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
I'm using the new Google Chrome stable 64 bit. I noticed by default it is allowed to run in the background in your system tray. My question is how many of you actually let it run in the background.

Reactions: Rishi

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I always turn it off. I'd assume this is a feature on Chromium code itself because Slimjet and such have the same option. Boot time for Chromium browsers are so fast that it never made a difference and I have no other reasons to have it run in the background.

Reactions: Rishi and frogboy

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I just leave it by default usually [turn off for practicality] since my system is very optimized on Google Chrome without any slowdowns, actually majority of computers I encounter contains fluid speed without any hitches.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
First thing I do when I install chrome in any device is turn off such option. But then it goes the tweaking part...

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I have left it to default since I dont want to miss any update and patches to be skipped when I am not aware of its releases, especially with the Flash player updates. :)

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.