Guide | How To Running programs on the locked screen - Windows 7 and Windows 8

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Malware1

Level 76
Thread author
Sep 28, 2011
Running programs on the locked screen - Windows 7 and Windows 8

1. Run CMD as administrator and type:

Code:
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\sethc.exe" /v Debugger /t REG_SZ /d "C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe"

[attachment=1235]

Alternatively you can use this file: [attachment=1234]

2. Now, to run programs on the locked screen (when you log out from your account), just press the Shift key five times. You are using SYSTEM account. The trick does not work when the Sticky Keys are disabled.
To disable please use the file: [attachment=1237]

[attachment=1236]

Attachments

• SETHC.reg
    388 bytes · Views: 817
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,035
  • Zrzut ekranu 2012-06-1 o 16.39.49.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2012-06-1 o 16.39.49.png
    244.4 KB · Views: 905
  • DISABLE.reg
    296 bytes · Views: 773

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
This looks good. I guess this can be a good thing as well.

Galaxy

Jul 23, 2012
Good little trick, I know you can do similar with Backtrack to bypass peoples Windows Passwords you make help load CMD then use net add user, etc..

ankurshrimali

Nov 22, 2013
This certainly helps but what i want to know is that is there any way i can run a program from my account only and not from the system account. because i want to run a HMI code which should run in my account only and won't run under system account. And i still want to be able to lock my screen as before..

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.