RXZ6Q Security Config

Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
avast! Free Antivirus, paid SpyShelter, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit
Periodic malware scanners
Comodo Cleaning Essentials, Stinger, MBAM, SUPERAntiSpyware, Panda Cloud Scanner, Spybot, F-Secure Online Scanner, BitDefender SafePay, SpywareBlaster, Clam Win Portable, Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit, Adwcleaner, Avira PC Cleaner, Malicious Software Removal Tool
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Adblock Plus, Lazarus: Form Recovery, MEGA, Scan Url with, Security Plus, WOT (Firefox)
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, TrueCrypt, IOBIT Uninstaller, Eraser, PWGen - recommend antother :)

RXZ6Q

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 30, 2016
Honestly you don't need a lot of scanners, try to make it optimize.

Zemana AM (Multi Engines), Hitman Pro (Multi Engines) and MBAM; others can be place on your thumbdrive/external HDD as your arsenal tools.

Meanwhile ZoneAlarm Firewall is fine but Spyshelter can retain to your configuration because it can be act as firewall alongside of its HIPS base.
I thought that the more scanners the better, kev216 would agreed with me :-D Right? Because they are not running so they only take up some space on hard-disk.

Reactions: Der.Reisende

RXZ6Q

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 30, 2016
Guys, please, help me update it :-( I will just have to build a new setup - this one is too heavy and make my computer slower. I am a gamer. So - any ideas? First, I need a antivirus. I just love avast! and I will probably come back to it, but it's not much compatible with other SW and it's not the lightest neither. I would just love to use Quihoo 360 but I am worried about privacy. Firewall - stay with Zone Alarm or try some other as you guys recommended? I need anti logger I think - I use internet banking etc. - but SpyShelter makes my computer escpecially laggy. So I switched back to Zemana AntiLogger, it should be compatible with W10 they say. I also need anti-exploit and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium is very light so I will stay with that. I enabled password on my PC. Any ideas? Or should I use one big solution like Kaspersky Internet Security? Please give me your ideas :)!

N

Noxx

Get rid of 95% of those on-demand scanners and replace it with Zemana AntiMalware. Drop AVAST, I'm sorry, I think it's a bloat machine, and replace it with something lighter like EMSISOFT (set scan mode to on-execution). If you feel like SpyShelter is lagging your computer, try Zemana AntiLogger. Also, get Razer Cortex or a similar game booster and temporarily disable unnecessary services while you're playing. If you haven't run a disk defragmentation in awhile, do so. There's any number of reasons why your computer might be running slow. You just have to experiment and find what works best for your personal needs.

Last edited by a moderator:

RXZ6Q

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 30, 2016
Get rid of 95% of those on-demand scanners and replace it with Zemana AntiMalware. Drop AVAST, I'm sorry, I think it's a bloat machine, and replace it with something lighter like EMSISOFT. Also, get Razer Cortex or a similar game booster and temporarily disable unnecessary services while you're playing. If you haven't run a disk defragmentation in awhile, do so. There's any number of reasons why your computer might be running slow. You just have to experiment and find what works best.
You are right about avast!, sadly. I just don't like EMISOFT much, what about that Quihoo, or my another favorites are Avira (perfect detection/low system impact). I will just that game booster. I regulary run defrag etc. - the slowness came after my security "upgrade" XD I will optimize my scanners.

RXZ6Q

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 30, 2016
I feel slowness in overall using experience. Trying to install Quihoo - it will be better than Avira as it contains Avira engine, right? Comodo is perfect, but I don't like it much, it caused me some problems in the past, too many popups and I don't feel enough experienced to properly configure it, it's kinda heavy also.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I thought that the more scanners the better, kev216 would agreed with me :-D Right? Because they are not running so they only take up some space on hard-disk.
Yes but better keep the others on your thumbdrive/external HDD instead since Zemana AM or Hitman Pro or Herdprotect contains multi engines to show the different results accurately,

A

Alkajak

Yes but better keep the others on your thumbdrive/external HDD instead since Zemana AM or Hitman Pro or Herdprotect contains multi engines to show the different results accurately,

Only better in the sense that it simplifies the number of on-demand scanners you have. At the end of the day, the number of on-demand scanners is purely personal preference (as long as they are not startup enabled, they will not waste resources other than a bit of HDD storage). With that said, more is not better. @RXZ6Q Let me know if you need help deciding which ones to keep/remove. Otherwise, looks good.

RXZ6Q

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 30, 2016
I will see what I can do with these scanners. Currently running: Qihoo 360, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium, Zemana AntiLogger. Still looking for fiewall. Maybe I will uninstall Zemana, I will see. My questions: Qihoo 360 offers free GlassWire firewall, should I install it? Is it good? Do I need HIPS? Which? Is there a good firewall with HIPS except COMODO?

RXZ6Q

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 30, 2016
Only better in the sense that it simplifies the number of on-demand scanners you have. At the end of the day, the number of on-demand scanners is purely personal preference (as long as they are not startup enabled, they will not waste resources other than a bit of HDD storage). With that said, more is not better. @RXZ6Q Let me know if you need help deciding which ones to keep/remove. Otherwise, looks good.
By helping which deciding which ones to keep/remove you mean on-demand scanners?

A

Alkajak

By helping which deciding which ones to keep/remove you mean on-demand scanners?

Yup.

I personally think Qihoo 360 at default settings should be fine for you. If Glasswire is the default firewall, use it. If the default firewall is in-house, use the defualt firewall. I don't think you need HIPS with your setup, and Comodo is great even with HIPS disabled.

RXZ6Q

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 30, 2016
My current on-demand's:

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky (1011).png
    Snímek obrazovky (1011).png
    261.3 KB · Views: 355

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.