RXZ6Q Security Config

Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
avast! Free Antivirus, paid SpyShelter, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit
Periodic malware scanners
Comodo Cleaning Essentials, Stinger, MBAM, SUPERAntiSpyware, Panda Cloud Scanner, Spybot, F-Secure Online Scanner, BitDefender SafePay, SpywareBlaster, Clam Win Portable, Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit, Adwcleaner, Avira PC Cleaner, Malicious Software Removal Tool
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Adblock Plus, Lazarus: Form Recovery, MEGA, Scan Url with, Security Plus, WOT (Firefox)
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, TrueCrypt, IOBIT Uninstaller, Eraser, PWGen - recommend antother :)

RXZ6Q

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 30, 2016
Hello guys! I am building my configuration, please rate everything and don't hesitate to recommend or ask anything! My main focus is on secure internet banking. Maybe I should use Avira AV instead of avast!, but I just love avast! for no apparent reason :p I use internet banking - that's why the SpyShelter. Anti-Exploit against 0-days.

I am looking for firewall, other than Comodo because it's not fully compatible with my setup and I had some issues with it in the past. I am also not comfortable with Windows bult-in as it can't block outgoing traffic. Thanks in advance for your answers! Please also list some comparatives as I wasn't able to find any and rate my current setup :) ZonerAlarm Free Firewall (or paid?) looks good, what about that?

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Looking good! Everything is covered nice and you have lot's of on demand scanner, which is good :)
For firewall ZoneAlarm is a good choice. It has been a very decent firewall for years now. The only thing that is maybe a bit annoying to it is that it is not that light (or at least it wasn't in the past when I tried it) and it has some advertising screens from time to time in the free version. But apart from that it is worth considering.
Another good free one, but maybe a bit harder to configure right and with lots of options is Privatefirewall.

RXZ6Q

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 30, 2016
Thanks for your replies :) Davisd, I disabled it because I have Windows license from my company and when I try to install something it asks for Admin password, which I don't know :D Otherwise I would enable it! I will probably try ZoneAlarm and see how it works :)

Do you guys think that the ZoneAlarm HIPS will be compatible with my stuff :O?

Last edited by a moderator:

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I don't know if there might be problems. In the past there were issues and I can find on forums that there were compatibility issues years ago between avast and ZoneAlarm, but I can't find recent threads about it, so it might be solved now. Maybe other members here can clarify. But anyway you can try it and see if it works for you since it looks like a very decent combo.

A

Alkajak

Add a user account password.

You can afford to lose every single on-demand scanner except AdwCleaner, CCE, and MBAM. Add Zemana AntiMalware and HitmanPro. MBAM actually has a setting where you can checkmark for it to scan for rootkits. MBAR no longer needed.

RXZ6Q

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 30, 2016
Add a user account password.

You can afford to lose every single on-demand scanner except AdwCleaner, CCE, and MBAM. Add Zemana AntiMalware and HitmanPro. MBAM actually has a setting where you can checkmark for it to scan for rootkits. MBAR no longer needed.
Does that user account password have any sense if none has physical access to my PC? I will add them :) Zemana AntiMalware Portable? I know that built-in protection against rootkits, but is it as good as stand-alone MBAR?

A

Alkajak

Does that user account password have any sense if none has physical access to my PC? I will add them :) Zemana AntiMalware Portable? I know that built-in protection against rootkits, but is it as good as stand-alone MBAR?

Yes, it does make sense. It adds an extra layer of security and takes you less than 5 seconds to type the password on each startup.

According to the MBAM website, MBAR is in BETA and you should only be using it at your own risk. MBAM, however, is stable.

You can choose whether you want to install ZAM on your PC or just keep a portable version of it.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Honestly you don't need a lot of scanners, try to make it optimize.

Zemana AM (Multi Engines), Hitman Pro (Multi Engines) and MBAM; others can be place on your thumbdrive/external HDD as your arsenal tools.

Meanwhile ZoneAlarm Firewall is fine but Spyshelter can retain to your configuration because it can be act as firewall alongside of its HIPS base.

Reactions: Noxx
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

I disabled Windows SmartScreen because I have Windows license from my company and when I try to install something it asks for Admin password, which I don't know :D
You can turn it on without admin password:
SmartScreen2.PNG

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Now SmartScreen is on (maybe not onto the highest level) all you need to do is use a login password/PIN to be secured fully!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.