Sabine Security Config

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Nice config Sabine, I prefer Firefox too, I'm on version 37 as I type this :) I like probably any Gecko engine browser. :cool:
One question, are you using Safari for Windows ?

Safari is a cool browser, wish Apple still had active Windows updates for it. :oops:

Reactions: tonibalas and Kent
I

illumination

You may want to edit the malware samples and phishing to one or the other. I would also recommend upgrading your Eset to the 2015 version.Other then this, your config looks good, all basics covered.

Reactions: tonibalas and Kent

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
You may want to edit the malware samples and phishing to one or the other. I would also recommend upgrading your Eset to the 2015 version.Other then this, your config looks good, all basics covered.

shouldn't ESET have a program update to the new version in its updates?? Or maybe it does?

Reactions: Kent
I

illumination

shouldn't ESET have a program update to the new version in its updates?? Or maybe it does?
It should indeed. The user needs to click the "Update" button on the main GUI, then click "Product Update" to see what version they are running, and manually update if needed.

Reactions: Kent and JakeXPMan

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Good config....I suggest you to use WOT (Web of Trust) extension to guard against malicious sites

Reactions: tonibalas

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Very nice config!! Thanks for sharing your config :)
The current version of ESS is Version: 8.0.304.0.There are no 2014 or 2015 versions.They are numbered 3,4,5,6,7 and the current version 8
You can download the current version from here http://www.eset.com/us/download/home/ click "I already purchased"
Then click "Offline Installer" select your OS & Language from the dropdown menus and click "Download"
You can then install the new version right over the top of the old version without uninstalling the old version and without reentering your Username & Password license

Reactions: Kent and tonibalas
I

illumination

Very nice config!! Thanks for sharing your config :)
The current version of ESS is Version: 8.0.304.0.There are no 2014 or 2015 versions.They are numbered 3,4,5,6,7 and the current version 8
You can download the current version from here http://www.eset.com/us/download/home/ click "I already purchased"
Then click "Offline Installer" select your OS & Language from the dropdown menus and click "Download"
You can then install the new version right over the top of the old version without uninstalling the old version and without reentering your Username & Password license

Just to make ya smile a bit :D

exQbod3.png

Reactions: tonibalas

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For browser you may give a shot for Opera ;).

Since if testing samples then suggest to do it in Virtual Machine or a virtualized tool like Sandboxie.

Other than that good configuration

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.