Periodic malware scanners
Hitman Pro (licensed)
Zemana AntiMalware (licensed)
Malwarebytes AntiMalware
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Browsers : Firefox 64bit and Microsoft Edge
Extensions: Ghostery and Download Manager.
Maintenance tools
CCleaner and O&O Defrag

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
A

Alkajak

Very good, secure config. I would say, like a few others have already mentioned, Windows Defender is sufficient though. It comes pre-installed and auto-enabled, and most importantly, one less software to worry about. The simplicity of it is that you don't have to configure anything, and detected malware is an easy two clicks away.

However, it does have quirks... user will not know that it runs in Auto-Pilot mode and will delete detected files without notification.

If user understands this, then it is good protection.

It can delete Internet Explorer home-page and causes problems with Firefox certificate detection since it installs its own certificate for HTTPS filtering - issues that Bitdefender has been unable to resolve for years at this point.

Thanks for this piece of information about BD Free, I actually did not know this and is good to keep in mind when considering future free AV options.

D

Deleted member 2913

Bd paid products are compatible with Win 10.

Bd Free Antivirus is not compatible with Win 10. As per Bd staff at Bd forum for Bd free...Bd free may install on Win 10 without error but protection would be limited & could be problematic i.e Realtime/Web protection may not work correctly i.e less detection, wrong detection/FPs, etc...

You test AVs. Why not test Bd free on Win 10 i.e Url test for Web protection & Malicious samples test for Realtime protection? I would like to see how Bd free works & fares on Win 10 given that Bd staff mention not comapatible/supported on Win 10.

But still I would suggest not to use Bd free on Win 10. Bd staff mentioned Bd free support for Win 10 will be there but no ETA. Its your choice to use or not on Win 10.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
After testing this product, its good.

ADDED Zemana AntiMalware as on-demand scanner. Maybe ill use as real-time, after my BitDefender trial expired
A good choice i think ZAM does a very good job with lots of development all the time and a support thread right here at MT. ;)

Zemana False Positive Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.