Periodic malware scanners
Hitman Pro (licensed)
Zemana AntiMalware (licensed)
Malwarebytes AntiMalware
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Browsers : Firefox 64bit and Microsoft Edge
Extensions: Ghostery and Download Manager.
Maintenance tools
CCleaner and O&O Defrag
F

ForgottenSeer 19494

Hi @safe1st , i just can't understand how you make videos and stay not so serious about protection. If you don't mind paying for protection, then you could use Emsisoft AntiMalware or Bitdefender IS. If you want to stick with the free one, you could choose from Qihoo 360 TS or Avast (Panda is also good). It's better to use a password manager, i recommend you LogMeOnce password manager. I would recommend you to change Bitdefender Trafficlight with Avira Browser safety, BD TF has some strange issue that it loads about 75% of the page before blocking it, enough for drive-by download. HTTPS Everywhere is recommended. For your machines better stop changing AVs, you'll get pissed off, you can do it as frequently as you wish in a VM. You have good on demand scanners, you can add Kaspersky TDSS Killer and make sure scan for rootkits is enabled for MBAM. :) Comodo Firewall will add a very good share of security with it's powerfull firewall and stealth capabilities, also auto containment is one of the most secure ways for power users to stay protected. :) It also has cloud AV scanning, awesome HIPS, Cleaning Essentials with KillSwitch and is lightweight. Make sure UAC dims the display, it's not only for convenience, but prevents malware from interacting with the alert. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Good choice!!;)
Eset has always been THE gamers choice of AV!!
Not really. Gamer's choice on W8 to W10 is actually WD (both mid end and high end systems). The least you install, the better it is. Thats the core aspect of it. On W7, is the next set of solutions:
If casual player who opts for free solutions: avast!/AVG/Avira are the usual choices (for those gamers who like some other solutions installed (mid endsystems).
For more tech orientated gamers with high end systems, light solutions include all the above except AVG, and the usual paid solutions: Norton, Kaspersky, ESET, BD, Emsisoft.

Kaspersky is considered light due to for a heavy gamer, the system is usually powerful enough to run without noticing anything, aside from a small boot delay.

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
Hi @safe1st , i just can't understand how you make videos and stay not so serious about protection. If you don't mind paying for protection, then you could use Emsisoft AntiMalware or Bitdefender IS. If you want to stick with the free one, you could choose from Qihoo 360 TS or Avast (Panda is also good). It's better to use a password manager, i recommend you LogMeOnce password manager. I would recommend you to change Bitdefender Trafficlight with Avira Browser safety, BD TF has some strange issue that it loads about 75% of the page before blocking it, enough for drive-by download. HTTPS Everywhere is recommended. For your machines better stop changing AVs, you'll get pissed off, you can do it as frequently as you wish in a VM. You have good on demand scanners, you can add Kaspersky TDSS Killer and make sure scan for rootkits is enabled for MBAM. :) Comodo Firewall will add a very good share of security with it's powerfull firewall and stealth capabilities, also auto containment is one of the most secure ways for power users to stay protected. :) It also has cloud AV scanning, awesome HIPS, Cleaning Essentials with KillSwitch and is lightweight. Make sure UAC dims the display, it's not only for convenience, but prevents malware from interacting with the alert. ;)

I bought ESET smart security for 3 systems in my house...
You know, before I install new software I always install it first on VM. So Im very rare to uninstall a program
scan for rootkits is enabled already on MBAM :)

Not really. Gamer's choice on W8 to W10 is actually WD (both mid end and high end systems). The least you install, the better it is. Thats the core aspect of it. On W7, is the next set of solutions:
If casual player who opts for free solutions: avast!/AVG/Avira are the usual choices (for those gamers who like some other solutions installed (mid endsystems).
For more tech orientated gamers with high end systems, light solutions include all the above except AVG, and the usual paid solutions: Norton, Kaspersky, ESET, BD, Emsisoft.

Kaspersky is considered light due to for a heavy gamer, the system is usually powerful enough to run without noticing anything, aside from a small boot delay.

and thank you for suggestions ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.