As stated, I think my computer is ok as it is running without Malewarebytes continuously blocking anything now, and both my Malewarebytes and AVG scans are returning 0 threats, but this problem has repeated itself in the past so I want to make sure my computer is clean. Thank you!
 

Attachments

adwcleaner_new.png
Fix with AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save the file to your desktop.

  • Right-click on
    adwcleaner_new.png
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Follow the prompts and click Scan.
  • When finished, please click Clean.
  • Upon completion, click Report. A log (AdwCleaner[S*].txt) will open.

Please include the contents of that file in your reply.






FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif
​
Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.
 

Attachments

I ran the AdwCleaner and have the log, then ran the fix in Farbar but had to leave for work. Will reply tonight with the logs when I get home. Also, every time I boot up, I get a msg about Phoenix Award-BIOS and a floppy disk fail(s) (40) but I don't have a floppy disk, just optical (DVD and CD). Each time this happens I have to manually press F1 to continue. I've tried to go in to set-up to disable said floppy disc but I can't find where to do so - my boot priority is set to Hard-Drive first then optical second with nothing in 3 or 4.

Thanks again!!
 
Re: the BIOS error, I found it - not sure how I overlooked it (frustration probably) but in the CMOS Setup Utility under Advanced, Integrated Peripherals, Drive A I changed it to none from 1.44M, 3.5in. It now boots up without getting the F1 prompt to continue.
 
I do not see bios, you need someone to turn off the floppy. Each bios has a different settings.
Maybe the battery is low?



Download DelFix by Xplode and save it to your desktop.
  • Run the tool by right click on the
    51a5ce45263de-delfix.png
    icon and Run as administrator option.
  • Make sure that these ones are checked:
    • Remove disinfection tools
    • Purge system restore
    • Reset system settings
  • Push Run and wait until the tool completes his work.
  • All tools we used should be gone. Tool will create an report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)
The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix
Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top