Samsung Magician vs CrystalDiskMark. Which one is accurate?

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Which one is accurate? Samsung Magician or CrystalDiskMark?
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
????
Which one is accurate? Samsung Magician or CrystalDiskMark? On CrystalDiskMark reports 411 MB/s on write while Samsung Magician reports 521 MB/s on write.

Samsung Magician
Screenshot_5.png

CrystalDiskMark
Screenshot_4.png

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
When I installed my 860 EVO (500GB) I tested it w both, one ather the other, and both gave me almost exactly results.

Reactions: upnorth
Upvote 0

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Your drive has a 3Gb cache. You changed the default settings in crystal to 32GB files so your write speed drops. If you leave the number to 1GB the 2 programs will give you identical speeds.

Upvote 0

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Your drive has a 3Gb cache. You changed the default settings in crystal to 32GB files so your write speed drops. If you leave the number to 1GB the 2 programs will give you identical speeds.

Ooooo. I thought the 32GBig I selected is for the RAM.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.