Samsung Smart Monitor incorporates powerful mobile and PC connectivity, remote home office and learning features as well as Smart Hub, a comprehensive entertainment hub, similar to Samsung’s built-in Smart TV platform.
Users can connect their personal mobile devices with just a simple tap using Tap View, App Casting or Apple AirPlay 2. For a complete desktop experience using a mobile device, users can also connect to the monitor with Samsung DeX.
- For home office and learning, the display operates Microsoft Office 365 applications without a PC connection thanks to embedded Wi-Fi, allowing users to view, edit and save documents in the cloud directly from the monitor.
- Remote Access also allows users wirelessly and remotely access files from a PC or view content from a laptop whether it is situated elsewhere in the house or at the office.
- The USB Type-C port allows for data, display and power — up to 65W — with just a single connection, keeping the area around the monitor clean and beautiful. Multiple USB ports and Bluetooth 4.2 allow for additional connection versatility while the display has built-in two channel speaker.
- The display also operates as a complete entertainment hub with the ability to stream content with Samsung’s Smart Hub. The monitor’s app store allows users to stream their favorite content including Netflix, HBO and YouTube even without a connection to a PC or mobile device.
- Content can easily be accessed with the supplied remote control, which includes streaming service hot keys. The display can also be controlled by voice thanks to Bixby integration.
1. Samsung announces all-new Smart Monitor powered by Tizen OS - MSPoweruser
2. Samsung Announces Global Availability of New Lifestyle Smart Monitor