Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Slash Gear said:
A report today suggests that Samsung is doing two things after their Apple trial verdict left them in an irritable legal situation: speaking with carriers and shaking hands with Microsoft. This report comes from The Korea Times where they suggest that Samsung will be partnering closely with Microsoft in the near future to cut their dependency on Google’s mobile operating system Android. This report should be taken with a grain of salt, of course, since Android runs the vast majority of Samsung’s wildly popular mobile line of devices.

According to what the Korean Times notes is an official from Samsung’s telecommunications division, “Samsung has been in talks with major U.S. carriers to jointly develop modified design technology. This will be effective, though we can’t unveil more details for the time being.” This of course means that Samsung will update the software they’ve got on devices affected by their recent court case with Apple. They’re also hoping to avoid any and all sale bans on their devices in the United States (and abroad, too, but most notably inside the USA.)

You’ll notice this week that Samsung has released a couple of devices running Microsoft’s newest mobile operating system Windows Phone 8 as well as their tablet-based PC software Windows RT. Have a peek at our Samsung ATIV Tab hands-on as well as our Samsung ATIV S original announcement to see what these devices are all about. The ATIV S has not yet been shown off with Windows Phone 8 running on it, but will be out very soon – it’s also the first Windows Phone 8 device to be officially announced for the market – that’s big news!

Read more: http://www.slashgear.com/samsung-tipped-to-lean-towards-microsoft-after-apple-trial-30245181/

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
I actually do believe this rumor, I've noticed Samsung doing more things with Microsoft.

For example.
The newly announced devices running Windows and as this might not having any part in "shaking hands" with Microsoft, Samsung if going to add the old start menu in a widget for people who buy their windows 8 PC's.

Its to soon to say, But I'll say everything is starting to make sense about this rumor.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
3link9 said:
I actually do believe this rumor, I've noticed Samsung doing more things with Microsoft.

For example.
The newly announced devices running Windows and as this might not having any part in "shaking hands" with Microsoft, Samsung if going to add the old start menu in a widget for people who buy their windows 8 PC's.

I'd be willing to bet that this has nothing to do with Microsoft. That would be basically admitting that removing it was a bad idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.