Sandboxie 4.08

Do you use Windows 8.1, & have you been waiting for version 4.08?

• What's a Sandboxie/sandbox??

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Version 4.08
Released on 19 January 2014.

These are the changes to Sandboxie since version 4.06:

• Added support for SetCursorPos API.
  • Support for Immediate Recovery on Windows 8.1.
  • Fixed crash when Microsoft Chinese Pinyin IME is in use.
  • Fixed a problem with Chrome and LastPass on Windows 8.1
  • Fixed a BSOD crash.
  • Added support for pasting bitmaps and metafiles from the clipboard.
  • Added support for the dynamic variant of \RPC Control\spoolss (from spoolsv.exe) that is introduced in Windows 8.1, to allow programs in the sandbox to print in Windows 8.1.
  • Added NACL.EXE and NACL64.EXE to list of lingering programs.
  • Fixed error SBIE2205 after installing Microsoft KB2898785 with IE10 and IE 11
Download - http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?DownloadSandboxie
Known conflicts - http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?KnownConflicts

Last edited:
Reactions: Littlebits

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
Sandboxie is a great program and i used it for a long time when i was on my Win Xp box but now i have
a Win 8.1 computer and on that i use Shadow Defender

but since the acquisition of Sandboxie by Invincea i'm going to watch and see where Sandboxie goes before
i use it again

i'v read alot of assuming of what is going to happen with it on different forums and some are heartbroke
over the deal so i'll wait and see

so i voted "I don't use Sandboxie because... (explain in a post)"

:)

James

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
I voted for XP being indestructible...though, of course, we know that is a tongue in cheek response.

That said, I won't be upgrading (at this time) from 4.06 as it adds nothing I require from what I've read on the change log.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why wait? Initial support for Windows 8.1 was released at v4.06, October 2013.

I've had SBIE installed since 28th October, 2013 and I won't be upgrading since it's adds nothing majorly new and nothing I've had problems with for the past few months.

Reactions: Exterminator

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Agree with Earth.No poll option for been using 4.06 since 8.1

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Hello,

Questions,please!
> Do we have to worry about the NSA with Sandboxie?
> Are they connected with the NSA?
> One lic.,key with cover three PC's ?

Thanks, ;)

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
Hello,

Questions,please!
> Do we have to worry about the NSA with Sandboxie?
> Are they connected with the NSA?
> One lic.,key with cover three PC's ?

Thanks, ;)

Of course not. Don't you know that NSA stands for "No Sandboxie Affiliation"? I thought everyone knew that.

Honestly, do you really think you can rely on any answers in this regard you'll garner from the webz?...:rolleyes:

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Why wait? Initial support for Windows 8.1 was released at v4.06, October 2013.

I've had SBIE installed since 28th October, 2013 and I won't upgrading since it's adds nothing majorly new and nothing I've had problems with for the past few months.
I first read about Sandboxie (here) and followed the advice of a number of Enlightened MT Masters by installing version 4.06 SBIE on our 2 older home computers, an XP rig & a lap top using Windows 7 64 bit. These both worked quite well with Sandboxie, just like (2) ducks in...err, um...like (2) ducks in a...Sandbox..??:confused:;):D Then, shortly after joining MT, my Windows 8.1 suffered a "Disk kernel error" before becoming a slow motion, :eek:blue screen displaying, frustration:confused: (for the 2nd time!) & this was on Christmas eve!
Sometime later, I'd read http://www.sandboxie.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=16752&highlight=crash on Sandboxie forums, and my own internal psychological malware system must've somehow been tweaked to "Paranoid"!:rolleyes:
So... I didn't have to wait:( after all..o_O :p:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Gnosis

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
Bo, if you know of any specific issues it may have addressed in XP, I'd be interested in hearing it. Otherwise I'm inclined to stay with the last stable release as I'm experiencing no issues whatsoever with any of my apps.

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
Thanks, Bo. I'll definitely give it some thought. (As nothing is broken I am in no rush to "fix" anything.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.