Advice Request Sandboxie and RDP

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Trooper

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Hi folks,

Was a long time user of Sandboxie many years ago. Want to add it back to my arsenal if at all possible. I just downloaded the latest version 1.0.20. I wanted to run RDP in a sandbox. I am running Windows 11 Enterprise and I would like to run RDP sessions in a Sandbox. I recall years ago just adding %windir%\system32\mstsc.exe into Forced Programs and it would work. I just tried that today and it does not seem to be working.

The below is what I am seeing.

Please let me know if this is still possible and what I am missing. Thanks!
1651699971229.png

Last edited by a moderator:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Try opening the Classic UI-- C:\Program Files\Sandboxie Plus --scroll to SbieCtrl.exe and double-click. There you can add it under Program Start/Forced Programs like you used to. When the Classic UI opens in the system icon tray area, right-click on the icon, then left-click on Show Window, then right-click on Default Box (or whatever box you're using) and click "Sandbox Settings" in the little menu there.

If you're mainly using Plus, I would then exit out of the Classic UI if you don't need it anymore. I found by way of the learning curve that some things like adding to the browser template ( like access to cookies, bookmarks, etc) is best done within the Classic UI

Trooper

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Thanks to you both. I will check this out tomorrow when I am back in the office. @bjm_ Looks as if you are using Sandboxie with Edge? Any issues doing that? I always thought it worked best with Firefox. Times have changed I see. :)

Trooper

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Thanks very much! So are you using the old version still?

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Plus installer installs Plus & Classic shared components to Sandboxie-Plus folder.
Classic installer installs Classic components to Sandboxie folder.

• +Reputation
Reactions: plat and Trooper

Trooper

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Plus installer installs Plus & Classic shared components to Sandboxie-Plus folder.
Classic installer installs Classic components to Sandboxie folder.

Thanks again. Appreciate the help!

Trooper

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Tried what you guys said, but still getting the CredentialBroker.exe error. Any ideas?

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Tried what you guys said, but still getting the CredentialBroker.exe error. Any ideas?
Curious, what security program/s?
Can you launch browser/s?
Did you make any changes to [DefaultBox] settings?
Are you using Windows Sandbox?
Hopefully, DavidXanatos will chime in over on Wilders.

Last edited:

Trooper

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Curious, what security program/s?
Can you launch browser/s?
Did you make any changes to [DefaultBox] settings?
Hopefully, DavidXanatos will chime in over on Wilders.

ESET ENDPOINT Security.

Did not try to Sandbox a browser yet.
No I actually just created a new one. Maybe I will try DefaultBox and see how that goes.
Yes, hopefully he does. Thanks.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.