Advice Request Sandboxie conflicts Dr Web Security Space

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

miketan77

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2014
Hi all!

I think this is old thread !

I have read the article from sandboxie forum.

Sandboxie conflicts Dr Web Security Space, the error shows in the following:

SBIE2331 Service start failed: [22/5]Access is denied.

May I ask any of you, how to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance for answer my question.

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
Have you tried adding Sandboxie as an exception or trusted program in Dr Web Security Space?

miketan77

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2014
Have you tried adding Sandboxie as an exception or trusted program in Dr Web Security Space?
Hi!

Do you mean this?
upload_2016-2-7_20-16-25.png

If not please guide me.
Thank you.

Reactions: Moose

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
Yes, but that is what Sandboxie does automatically.

I'm guessing that Dr Web Security Space's setting will need to modified, to add an exclusion for Sandboxie software. Since, I haven't used that software, that's the only thing I can think of.
Dr.Web - innovation anti-virus security technologies. Comprehensive protection from Internet threats.

Another thing you could do is, check the Sandboxie forums too.
forums.sandboxie.com • View topic - SBIE2331 Service start failed: [22 / 5] Access is denied.

Reactions: Moose

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
kmr1684 said, that Dr.Web Security Space is working with sandboxie!
Link: Video Review - Norton Security Boot Time Protection Test
Post # 18. He is using Palemoon Browser.

Let me know if you get Dr. Web Security Space working with Sandboxie,if it fail in cruelsister Boot Time Test.

And if I need to move toward something else, I will be looking at the following:

> Bitdefender Free Edition.
> Qihoo 360 Total Security.
> NoVirusThanks EXE Radar
> AppGuard
> VoodooShield

with Sandboxie ect...

Last edited:
Reactions: Sana

miketan77

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2014
Hi. I have read some articles, some said it works on version 3.76 with Dr.Web, but failed to me.
I have tried exclude sandboxie in two paths such as c:\sandboxie and c:\Program files\sandboxie in Dr.Web, but failed.
Uninstall sanboxie first and reinstall sanboxie after Dr. Web, and vice versa, but failed.

Even try in safe mode, failed.

So, ... any idea?

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
Hi. I have read some articles, some said it works on version 3.76 with Dr.Web, but failed to me.
I have tried exclude sandboxie in two paths such as c:\sandboxie and c:\Program files\sandboxie in Dr.Web, but failed.
Uninstall sanboxie first and reinstall sanboxie after Dr. Web, and vice versa, but failed.

Even try in safe mode, failed.

So, ... any idea?

basically i do not know which os you are using, any way apart from drweb what are all other security software you installed, basically try to uninstall drweb first then install sbie then restart as sbie requested after completing the installation, then login as administrator, then start the sbie control for the first time, run some program example run the browser for the first time, surf the internet, see browser can access to internet for ex: go to google.com, if everything works as expected then close sbie and start installing drweb, restart the pc , as well please check after installing sbie, it's services is starting along with the pc starts, now sbie will give warning that software compatibility, or else you can add drweb in that option, sbie has the add button on that feature please see the image added. please tell me you are using free or paid version of sbie.

sbiecomp.jpg

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
On version changes, the latest should support it too.

Version 3.64
Improved compatibility with other software
  • Security software: COMODO Internet Security, Dr.Web Security Space, G Data Internet Security suite, Kaspersky, Microsoft Security Essentials,
  • Browser utilities: AdFender, Folder Size, Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer, Logitech Scroll App, Nitro PDF v6 and v7, Sticky Password.
  • Windows XP: Fixed a conflict with update KB2633171 which caused error message SBIE2304 to appear in some systems.
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...hanges&usg=AFQjCNHF_4T9cEKW7BElMnB2oWYA0oPFrw

Reactions: Moose and bitbizket

miketan77

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2014
basically i do not know which os you are using, any way apart from drweb what are all other security software you installed, basically try to uninstall drweb first then install sbie then restart as sbie requested after completing the installation, then login as administrator, then start the sbie control for the first time, run some program example run the browser for the first time, surf the internet, see browser can access to internet for ex: go to google.com, if everything works as expected then close sbie and start installing drweb, restart the pc , as well please check after installing sbie, it's services is starting along with the pc starts, now sbie will give warning that software compatibility, or else you can add drweb in that option, sbie has the add button on that feature please see the image added. please tell me you are using free or paid version of sbie.

sbiecomp.jpg
On version changes, the latest should support it too.

Version 3.64
Improved compatibility with other software
Security software: COMODO Internet Security, Dr.Web Security Space, G Data Internet Security suite, Kaspersky, Microsoft Security Essentials,
Browser utilities: AdFender, Folder Size, Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer, Logitech Scroll App, Nitro PDF v6 and v7, Sticky Password.
Windows XP: Fixed a conflict with update KB2633171 which caused error message SBIE2304 to appear in some systems.
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...hanges&usg=AFQjCNHF_4T9cEKW7BElMnB2oWYA0oPFrw

Hi. I have tried the method as you told me uninstall Sandboxie and Dr.Web. First reinstall Sandboxie with version 3.64, after make sure can surf online using browser. Later, install Dr. Web, check the software compatibility as below.
upload_2016-2-13_17-4-43.png

Restart computer, Sandboxie becomes like that
upload_2016-2-13_17-13-54.png

Really don't know how to solve it, maybe just let it go...

Sandboxie is paid version.

Uninstall Dr.Web, restart computer, Sandboxie works as normal.

Last edited:

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
I tried Dr.Web before with Sandboxie combination. Tinkering with them doesn't solved the issue. Basically Dr.Web covers what Sandboxie does protection wise overlapping features is unwise.. Just my two cent.

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
@miketan77, I hope you're not tied into a yearly subscription. Or if you have bought it recently, maybe ask for a refund? As we speak, I'm going to try installing Dr. Web and see how it goes :p

Reactions: bitbizket

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
Maybe the OP can try out Shade Sandbox. Use it as browser sandbox only. No gurantee it won't conflict. Different browser when use with Shade will react differently. I'm still trying to iron out the issue i'm having with their support.

Sana

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 30, 2015
Progress...

Newly formatted PC, running Windows 7 Pro (all updates)
Sandboxie v5.06 installed
Malwarebytes Antimalware running
Dr Web Space (30-day trial)

End result:
I tried adding Sandboxie files and folders to Dr. Web's exclusion list, but Sandboxie still kept popping errors! The Sandboxie service was running, but somewhere in between it was having loads of SBIE2203 - GUIPROXY errors :/

I could just ignore the errors and browse, after some time. I think Dr. Web Space is too over-protective of its space.

Uninstalled it :p

Last edited:

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
Lol.. i missed out the part he was using an outdated version.
Need to try out the latest one.
From my experience Dr.Web will likely to conflict due to it complex nature.

Reactions: miketan77 and Sana

miketan77

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2014
Thank you everyone trying to help me. I had install the latest version of Sandboxie and Dr.Web.
Hope someone will solve the conflict and let me know.

I'm using Windows 7 Home edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.