Dirk41

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
hi everyone.
i downloaded vtuploader from official website and allowed it to access internet in SBIE.
but i noticed that when i allowe vtuploader.exe (see picture)
2rmumwl.png

it shows two .exe in SBIE(see picture)
xpzns2.jpg

could be a malware?

thank you in adavnce (i emailed them but didn't reply)

Reactions: Davidov

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Huracan's assessment seems a likely cause.:cool:
I am presently having similarly infuriating:mad: problems when I open our portable Chromium sourced Slimjet browser using Sandboxie.:confused:

Although right clicking on a file outside of a sandbox can be done, you can still go to virustotal.com to use their free service whilst in a sanboxed browser.:) That's what I do.;)

Reactions: Dirk41

Dirk41

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
it doesn't exist outside the SB! strange

and now (that i had to reinstall SBIE) even allowing googleupdate another ".exe" appears

2l87nva.png

@Sandboxie Help

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
This is a good example of different software not operating compatibly. Sandboxie may be challenged keeping up with Google & apparently Virus Total now too. Since I depend heavily on sandboxing, I mainly use Mozilla sourced browsers including Firefox & even I.E. once again.:rolleyes:
I'd uninstalled our own beta virustotal uploader, but that's mainly because I prefer going to virustotal.com

It might be worthwhile to visit Sandboxie's forums which I may do as well!:)

Dirk41

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
ok already did it.
but it's not a big problem, just wanted to ensure those aren't malicious processes

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Most likely, & as @Huracan stated above, Sandboxie picks up on the processes, temporary though they may be, & alerts you. Apart from the annoyances, it at least indicates Sandboxie's not sleeping at the wheel which leaves us in a similar holding pattern famously recognizable by the utterance of 5 familiar words:
"What do we do now?":p:D

..and answered by one. Wait.:rolleyes:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I confirmed that it is a cache/shadow process when being execute, however it's like a minor compatibility issue between Sandboxie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.