Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Level 22
Pre-moderated
Hi Bo!

Just to let you know, I have 4 PC's. 2 PC's which are Windows 8.1 Pro X64 Bits Operating Systems in the upgrade when fine. But the 2PC's which are Windows X86 Operating Systems would not upgrade/overwrite. Just giving you the head-up on this small headache. Hopefully, this will be fix soon?

Thanks,

Reactions: Spawn

Spawn

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
In the recent weeks, SBIE has crashed on me a couple times. It's not very reassuring when you're trusting it to isolate "stuff" away from your system. (Windows 8.1 64-bit // SBIE 4.08)

Moose

Level 22
Pre-moderated
Hi Bo,

Deleted the contents within SandBoxie, before and after. The 2PC's which are Windows X86 Operating Systems would not upgrade by overwriting. Still failed! So, I uninstall the SandBoxie
from one of the PC. I will try to reinstall sometime today. If it fail again, I will go back to Sandboxie 4.08.

Spawn

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
You couldn't be more wrong, this was with Chrome -already installed- and another portable application. I don't play games on the PC, and I'm aware that drivers and services cannot be installed / run in the sandbox. That's why SBIE Errors appear, but doesn't explain why it crashed.

At the time I sent a PM to you, I wasn't aware that Web Installers installed drivers prior to the actual software.

Spawn

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
I had a custom box and then tried with default settings (a new default box), but it didn't work, so I gave up. - Yes, Web Installer do not work in the Sandbox.

You use Windows 7 32-bit?

Moose

Level 22
Pre-moderated
This is on X86 Operating systems. Follow-up! Sandboxie 4.09 Yesterday! Had to uninstall Sandboxie twice. Restart the PC each time but, I finally got Sandboxie 4.09 install.:(

All, I have to say is I may go back 4.08, real buggy!
:(
Hopefully, Sandboxie Team will get this fix before March!

I would even let the Sandboxie Team, gather some data from my PC. If this would help the Sandboxie Team to fix the problem faster.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Moose

Level 22
Pre-moderated
Bo,

Only with the Browser crashing a few time through out the day! Plus the fail Overwrite! No problem! :rolleyes: Let see what happen.

Moose

Level 22
Pre-moderated
Bo, Thanks! No problem! I will sign for the Sandboxie Forums sometime tomorrow. And start making different posts. ;)

Cain

This is an uneducated response, however I get the same impression from Sandboxie's licensing structure as I do from Teamviewer. I know it's an obscure comparison, but both offer really great software with the price tag to match... although both also offer a free alternative if you're will to put up with a few minor annoyances :p

Status
Not open for further replies.