Sandboxie - No more Lifetime Licence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Hi Bo!

Just to let you know, I have 4 PC's. 2 PC's which are Windows 8.1 Pro X64 Bits Operating Systems in the upgrade when fine. But the 2PC's which are Windows X86 Operating Systems would not upgrade/overwrite. Just giving you the head-up on this small headache. Hopefully, this will be fix soon?

Thanks,

Reactions: Ink

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
In the recent weeks, SBIE has crashed on me a couple times. It's not very reassuring when you're trusting it to isolate "stuff" away from your system. (Windows 8.1 64-bit // SBIE 4.08)

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Hi Bo,

Deleted the contents within SandBoxie, before and after. The 2PC's which are Windows X86 Operating Systems would not upgrade by overwriting. Still failed! So, I uninstall the SandBoxie
from one of the PC. I will try to reinstall sometime today. If it fail again, I will go back to Sandboxie 4.08.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You couldn't be more wrong, this was with Chrome -already installed- and another portable application. I don't play games on the PC, and I'm aware that drivers and services cannot be installed / run in the sandbox. That's why SBIE Errors appear, but doesn't explain why it crashed.

At the time I sent a PM to you, I wasn't aware that Web Installers installed drivers prior to the actual software.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I had a custom box and then tried with default settings (a new default box), but it didn't work, so I gave up. - Yes, Web Installer do not work in the Sandbox.

You use Windows 7 32-bit?

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
This is on X86 Operating systems. Follow-up! Sandboxie 4.09 Yesterday! Had to uninstall Sandboxie twice. Restart the PC each time but, I finally got Sandboxie 4.09 install.:(

All, I have to say is I may go back 4.08, real buggy!
:(
Hopefully, Sandboxie Team will get this fix before March!

I would even let the Sandboxie Team, gather some data from my PC. If this would help the Sandboxie Team to fix the problem faster.

Thanks,

Last edited:

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Bo,

Only with the Browser crashing a few time through out the day! Plus the fail Overwrite! No problem! :rolleyes: Let see what happen.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Bo, Thanks! No problem! I will sign for the Sandboxie Forums sometime tomorrow. And start making different posts. ;)

Cain

Level 4
Verified
Dec 19, 2013
This is an uneducated response, however I get the same impression from Sandboxie's licensing structure as I do from Teamviewer. I know it's an obscure comparison, but both offer really great software with the price tag to match... although both also offer a free alternative if you're will to put up with a few minor annoyances :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.