Sandboxie - No more Lifetime Licence

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

The price for the lifetime license was about 45 dollars, now the one year license its about fifteen dollars. So for the price that you used to buy a lifetime license, now you can buy a license for three years. Its not that bad.

for unlucky people , 3 years is a lifetime ^^

Q1: You can do with Sandboxies free version pretty much everything that you can do with the paid version... Nothing regarding security is taken out of the free version.

i agree with that

Q2: Sandboxie doesn't slow down nothing. But if there is a conflict between SBIE and another security program that you are using then the symptom might show up as slower browsing (for example). The key on this regard is to find programs that work well with SBIE.

the common issues with Sandboxie's compatibility is that some security software web components (mostly webfilters & co) can't run properly in it; but you don't needthose components to be active anymore since Sbie protect and isolate your browser already.

D

Deleted member 178

Be fair Umbra. You knew about Sandboxie for years, you had your chance to get a lifetime license but never made the move. You shouldn't complain now that its gone.

i don't like to pay for softwares ^^ (i do if i have no other choices) , i still hoping to get it from a future giveaway lol

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
i don't like to pay for softwares ^^ (i do if i have no other choices) , i still hoping to get it from a future giveaway lol
Yes, it's true! :eek:Harken all ye who have wisdom. Darth Umbra,:cool: Lord of The Sith & 'Free Giveaways' (past, present, and future) shall neither pay paltry tolls to 'For Profit Software Companies' nor afford succor to Jedi Rebels inside containment "Sandboxes" whom dare:confused: defy the Empire's UAC!:p:D

Reactions: Deleted member 178

gonwk

Verified
Feb 4, 2014
Hi folks,

@ bo.elam & Umbra ... Thanks for your comments and clarification ... appreciate the help.

You know long time ago at the Friend's urging I went ahead and bought AnyDvd-HD Lifetime license ... before they did away with it ... and it was kind of pricey ... and I have Never used it since ... but I guess I wanted the assurance that when I want to back-up my Blu-rays ... I can ... well, there are a ton of Freeware out there that does the job better ...

And to be honest when I initially looked at SBIE way back ... I found it kind of overwhelming ... so, I just blew it away ...

Then when I saw this Thread ... I go "Crap" should I have bought it when it was one time Fee ...

I do Not plan to buy this thing on a yearly basis ... so ...

Q: Are there any other Software (Anti-Malware) that might go away from Lifetime to Yearly that YOU Experts would Recommend!?!?

Thanks again!

G! :)

D

Deleted member 178

Q: Are there any other Software (Anti-Malware) that might go away from Lifetime to Yearly that YOU Experts would Recommend!?!?

Shadow Defender (still lifetime)
Defensewall (only x86 at the moment, lifetime but with only one year of update; it is a kind of of HIPS & policy-based sandbox)
Novirusthanks ExeRadarpro (lifetime, it is an anti-executable)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Invincea has been contacted,so we shall have to wait and see how they respond.I think some 1 year SBIE licenses would be a good way for Invincea to introduce themselves to our members.;)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Yes, and thanks (Exterminator) for <sending> Invincea a comunique too!:cool: Sandboxie licenses would be lovely, and how about using your "Exterminator powers of persuasion" while you're at it by (..I know I'm pushing it here!):rolleyes: ..getting them to remove the "5 second reminder after it's been used 30 days" while they're getting our licenses ready :D because it would really pacify... err, I mean s-a-t-i-s-f-y a lot of members!;) I'm really just kidding, but you know ..sometimes, there is at least an ounce of TRUTH contained in a pound of kidding!:D Anyway, thanks again Exterminator, truly, for taking our case to "Invincea Court"!!:)

Last edited:

BCHatesMalware

Level 2
Verified
Dec 5, 2013
@gonwk

Let me start by answering the question that you made earlier about the price of the lifetime license. I saw it and I was going to answer it but I forgot.

Q2: Sandboxie doesn't slow down nothing. But if there is a conflict between SBIE and another security program that you are using then the symptom might show up as slower browsing (for example). The key on this regard is to find programs that work well with SBIE.

Bo

And if there is a program that is incompatible with Sandboxie, Sandboxie will let you know that and will even give you instructions on how to fix the incompatibility.

Also the cost of Sandboxie, for a License is $21.74 (US Dollar)/$15.00 (Euro).

Here's the benefits of buying the Pro version of Sandboxie:

** The Personal (Home Use) License for Sandboxie: (from: http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?RegisterSandboxie) **
  • Is personal and is not transferable into computers or electronic media that you do not own;
  • Permit you to use Sandboxie on one (1) computer;
  • Covers the current version and all future versions of Sandboxie;
  • Removes the nag screen that initially appears after you have used Sandboxie for more than 30 days;
  • Enables the Forced Programs and Forced Folders features;
  • Allows you to run programs in more than one sandbox at the same time (see message SBIE1303);
  • But does not entitle you to any guaranteed level of technical support.
** Here are the "Known Conflicts" for Sandboxie: (from: http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?KnownConflicts) **
Overview
AnVir Task Manager
avast! Antivirus
AppGuard
BitDefender Antivirus
Canon Printers, Canon Easy-WebPrint
HP Universal Print Driver
ITEKSOFT eDocPrinter PDF
NewSoftware's Folder Lock version 6
Naomi Web Filter
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i
Nuance OmniPage
PC-Tools Spyware Doctor Version 7
PrevX SafeOnline
PunkBuster
Rising Anti-Virus
SnagIt
Sticky Password
StrokeIt
Trusteer Rapport
Visible Body
Webroot AntiSpyware Corporate Edition
ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite Version 8

Have an awesome day!! :)

BCHatesMalware

Level 2
Verified
Dec 5, 2013
Oops...sorry guys for the duplicate post!! Firefox was acting weird and didn't act like it posted the first one, so I tried again, and now man, we have too. I'm not sure if I can delete the second one.....if not, I'd appreciate it one of the staff could. Thanks!! Have an awesome day!! :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
And to be honest when I initially looked at SBIE way back ... I found it kind of overwhelming ... so, I just blew it away ...

Same, but then I attempted to learn using it and it's great, not perfect, but better than nothing. I'm currently using the Free version, but while I do not sandbox my browser, I do have multiple sandboxes for different software that I don't intend to keep, or using the restrictions of the sandbox to block internet access for certain software.

Also the dev. Ronen Tzuk has earned a better prize.
Why?
- You buy a lifetime license for SBIE - sounds great, yeah?
- You find out it's been bought-out by Invincea.
- You continue to update SBIE, developed by Ronen Tzuk (original dev).
- Tzuk leaves.
- More updates released by Invincea, with some of their programming and code - question is, do you trust them?
- You have a lifetime license, how long before Invincea phase out v4. Will v5 work with current lifetime license.
- If not, move to subscription-based model? Or what happens when you upgrade your OS? Will it be compatible?
- What if Invincea stops consumer products and goes enterprise only? Trustware's Bufferzone appear to have taken that route.

Those are some of my quick thoughts about how having NOT bought a lifetime license, is not a bad decision.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Just wondering if Sandboxie is compatible with Emsisoft Anti-Malware? Main reason is because of BitDefender not being compatible/conflicts with Sandboxie?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@bo.elam All I'm saying is, there's no reason to regret not buying a Lifetime license.

Thanks for the info, and guaranteed details about SBIE 4 will be compatible with Windows 9, 10 etc. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.