Sandboxie not working on Windows 10?

Does Sandboxie work for you on Windows 10?

• Yes

• No

• I don't use Sandboxie

• I don't use Windows 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Hello,

I had installed Sandboxie on Windows 10. I tried to put my default browser (Microsoft Edge) in the Sandbox and it gave me all kinds of crash errors so I tried testing a common program like iTunes cause I thought it just might of been Microsoft Edge and it turns out that was giving me errors as well.

Sandboxie was working flawlessly on Windows 8.1 but now it seems to be having all kinds of problems on Windows 10, at least for me.

Anyone know how to fix this? Or will we have to wait for a official update to the program for Windows 10 support?

Reactions: JakeXPMan
M

MalwareT

Driver was unable to load in early builds (9926). Not sure is situation any better now.

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
@Malware Man @Malware Test

Latest Beta version (5.01.3) of Sandboxie should work on Windows 10. It is beta and may contain bugs and errors.

Combined 32/64 installer

http://www.sandboxie.com/SandboxieInstall-501-3.exe

Separate

http://www.sandboxie.com/SandboxieInstall32-501-3.exe
http://www.sandboxie.com/SandboxieInstall64-501-3.exe

Regards,
Kardo
Thank you for trying to help. :) I'm currently on my iPad so I am unable to confirm if this works but I'll have a look into it.

@Kardo Kristal

Install (5.01.3) Nice try! But still not working at all. Appriecate!
Hopefully will be corrected soon.

Kind regards,
Thanks for giving it a go. I'll have a look the next time I'm on the computer! :)

Reactions: Kardo Kristal
D

Deleted member 178

i used it on many Win10 versions : Insider version, RTM (10240) and final release... Sbie works every time.

so something is in your computer that block it. remove all security softs and try again.

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
i used it on many Win10 versions : Insider version, RTM (10240) and final release... Sbie works every time.

so something is in your computer that block it. remove all security softs and try again.
It doesn't want to install properly. It's okay cause I now have Comodo so I have really no need for Sandboxie. :)
I have no idea what is stopping it. I have very little on this install.

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Not working for me, when I try to open a sandboxed browser I wait the 5 seconds click to open and nothing happens at all.

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Not working for me, when I try to open a sandboxed browser I wait the 5 seconds click to open and nothing happens at all.
The same thing happens to me. Now it installs fine but whenever I right click something to run it in the sandbox nothing happens. If I right click and run something with the Comodo sandbox it works flawlessly. Hopefully it gets updated soon, I really wanted to give Sandboxie a go again.

Last edited:
Reactions: randj89

randj89

Level 4
Verified
May 7, 2014
It's happening to me too and I tried reinstalling and nothing so yeah let's just wait for the update.

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
It's happening to me too and I tried reinstalling and nothing so yeah let's just wait for the update.
I'm happy with the Comodo sandbox so I am in no rush for it lol. Good to know it is not just me having this issue.

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Latest beta of Sandboxie adds Windows 10 support and is now working. The only thing it can't do is sandbox metro apps and since Microsofr Edge is my default browser it cannot help me much. I heard Edge is now in its sandbox of its own I was reading about it on Micsofrs website and that'll it'll be way harder to exploit since its full 64 bit web browser running in a sandbox isolated from the rest of the OS.

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong on ny of this. :)

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
What version is that, I only see beta 5.01 Version 4.20, still not working for me.

Reactions: Moose
D

Deleted member 178

Latest beta of Sandboxie adds Windows 10 support and is now working... I heard Edge is now in its sandbox of its own ... and that'll it'll be way harder to exploit since its full 64 bit web browser running in a sandbox isolated from the rest of the OS.

what you said is exact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.