Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Both companies are working on their 64bits version ...so soon security freaks everywhere will be able to enjoy virtualization on their upgraded OS :p

I've start testing again BufferZone Pro and I can just say it's awesome.
I love the fact that it will automatically run in the sandbox mode my browser and any unsigned installers.
[attachment=181]
The UI it's very friendly and I always know what programs are running the the bufferzone.

[attachment=182]

I can't find any reason why going back to Sandboxie....so maybe you can help me. :p

Trustware made "BufferZone Pro" free and now Sandboxie has a strong competition.The only problem that I can see for this two companies is the fact that more and more vendors are integrating into their suites sandboxing features.

Attachments

• buffer.png
    buffer.png
    89 KB · Views: 1,420
  • buffer2.png
    buffer2.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,240

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
Syed Hasan said:
hmm one thing I dont like about sandboxie is the automatic termination and the best thing about buffferzone is the automatic feature.

Hi Syed, could you explain what you mean by, automatic termination
on Sandboxie.

Bo

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
bo.elam said:
on Sandboxie.

Bo

I think he is referring to the "Delete Invocation" option in Sandboxie

[attachment=355]

It's somehow useful however their is no real need to clean immediatly everything on exit from your Sandboxie...
BufferZone has also a really easy "cleaning system" ,the "Empty BufferZone" button is on the main UI and it's easy to use.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 723

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
Jack said:
bo.elam said:
on Sandboxie.

Bo

I think he is referring to the "Delete Invocation" option in Sandboxie

It's somehow useful however their is no real need to clean immediatly everything on exit from your Sandboxie...
BufferZone has also a really easy "cleaning system" ,the "Empty BufferZone" button is on the main UI and it's easy to use.
Personally, I prefer to delete all sandboxes. Never keeping any around
but if somebody wants to keep the sandbox, it can be done.
We have the option to delete the sandbox or keep it, so if he wants to
keep the sandbox, he can do it.

Bo

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Mark said:
The automatic termination can be changed. Program Stop Settings. Linger Process.

In my experience, I've had applications in the Linger Process settings linger indefinitely. I'm not exactly sure why. In particular, Free Download Manager tends to hang around... I've had better success instead of adding things to the Linger Process list, I add the main application in that particular sandbox as a Leader Program. This means that when I close this application, every other application running in that sandbox is terminated.

Of course, this only really works well if you have multiple sandboxes setup as basically a single use application. You don't want to close your web browser and have it kill anything else you might be currently using in that sandbox.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
Lingering programs settings on my sandboxes are on default. I use
the leader programs setting on my sandboxes that are dedicated
for Web browsing. Those sandboxes are the only ones where I use
either setting.
Both settings pretty much do the same, on dedicated sandboxes
its better to just list the leader program instead of adding a bunch
of Lingering programs.

Bo

e1nst3in

Jan 27, 2012
In the hacker underground, all new virus's/trojan/malware get "encrypted" before being spread. This effectively shields detection by all 35-40 anti-viruses in the world (even in run time)

Almost every one of these commercially available crypts have an "anti-sandboxie/sandboxie bypass" option built in to them. Which means in short....Sandboxie has major vulnerabilities simply because it's the most popular process protection program. Sandboxie's high profile simply leads to more targeting by the hackers.

Take that into consideration when deciding on process protection/behavioral analysis software.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
e1nst3in, Sandboxie is not a process protection program, SBIE is a sandboxing program. When you run a program or file under Sandboxies supervision, the program is not allowed to make permanent changes to your real system. Thats basically what Sandboxie does. Bypassing SBIE means that a program running sandboxed can make changes to the real system, files or registry. During the three years that I used Sandboxie, that has never happened.:)

Can you name one of this things that according to you, can bypass Sandboxie:cool:. I seen, other posters like you, claim that SBIE can be bypassed, all have one thing in common, they never prove nothing.

Bo

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Will bufferzone work on chromium browsers? I'd love to sandbox iron while I browse even though it has a sandbox feature
I used BZ very briefly and at that time I liked sandboxie better, other that that one link is there anybody here that feels SB is more secure than BZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.