Battle Sandboxie or Comodo Internet Security 6 sandbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ad18

Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2013
Hi guys. I was wondering if you guys thought that Sandboxie or the Comodo Internet Security 6 sandbox are better? It seems like that Sandboxie does not really work with Comodo Internet Security 6. If you guys think Sandboxie is better then could you recommend a good firewall. Thanks for any help guys.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
HeffeD said:
The lead developer mentioned why it's better than Sandboxie, but quite frankly, it went right over my head...

Hey Heffe, if you got a link, please post it. I love to see what they are saying.

ad18, the old proverb, "Speak softly and carry a big stick", can be used to describe Sandboxie. It will be many many years before the Comodo sandbox can claim to have achieved the level of security that we get from using Sandboxie.

Sandboxie is like the old pro who year after year does what it takes to win games at the end of the game and Comodo is like a rookie, fresh out of college who has never won a big game as a pro.

Bo

Mundungas

Verified
Jan 17, 2013
My vote goes to Sandboxie as it has been a tried a tested application. CIS's is new but I hope that it'll evolve into a better one configrability wise.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
bo.elam said:
Hey Heffe, if you got a link, please post it. I love to see what they are saying.

Unfortunately, I can't link to it because it was a discussion in the moderator section of the Comodo forum. As such, it is considered confidential.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
HeffeD said:
Unfortunately, I can't link to it because it was a discussion in the moderator section of the Comodo forum. As such, it is considered confidential.

OK.

I like people that believe in what they do, nice to read that the lead developer believes in his program and in what he is doing. A big thumb up to him and Comodo for the sandbox. I hope it develops into something really good.

Bo

manmur

Level 1
Verified
Jan 23, 2013
I am using Comodo IS 6's Sandbox. So far I like it. Though I have to change the default download from Downloads to Shared Space. So I can download things.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
manmur said:
I am using Comodo IS 6's Sandbox. So far I like it. Though I have to change the default download from Downloads to Shared Space. So I can download things.

You can always exclude your downloads folder from the sandbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.