bjm_

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Sandboxie-Plus v1.12.6 - Latest

This is a maintenance release, it fixes many issues.

It took some time to release as MSFT's signing page was down over the holidays.
But I used the forced down time to advance the new PrivateWin10 Successor MajorPrivacy.

Download: Release v1.12.6 / 5.67.6 · sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie

Changed
  • improved behavior of toolbar customization menu
Fixed
  • fixed issue introduced in 1.12.4 with start.exe failing to run in a confidential box #3514
  • fixed "The directory name is invalid" when starting a process in an encrypted private box #3475
  • fixed symbolic links created inside a sandbox not working properly #3181
  • fixed issue with drives mounted to multiple folders or a drive letter and a folder
  • fixed issue with file paths when using sandboxes with relocated root (e.g. to an ImDisk volume) #3506
  • fixed issue with explorer.exe on Windows 11 when using "SysCallLockDown=y" #3516
  • fixed SandMan not showing icons of processes located on an ImDisk volume

source: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/sandboxie-plus-v1-12-6.453227/

This is a maintenance release, it fixes many issues, for a full list of changes and fixes please review the full Changelog.

You can support the project through donations, any help will be greatly appreciated.

If you have issues with an update installation, just uninstall the previous version keeping the sandboxie.ini and reinstall the new build.

at this time, Stable Builds [here] remains at 1.12.3

Last edited:

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Thank you for sharing the information about Sandboxie-Plus v1.12.6. It's great to hear that this release includes several fixes and improvements. I understand that there was a delay in the release due to MSFT's signing page being down during the holidays, but it seems like the time was well-utilized to work on the new PrivateWin10 Successor MajorPrivacy.

Here are some of the changes and fixes included in this release:
- Improved behavior of the toolbar customization menu.
- Fixed an issue introduced in version 1.12.4 where start.exe failed to run in a confidential box.
- Fixed the "The directory name is invalid" error when starting a process in an encrypted private box.
- Fixed an issue with symbolic links created inside a sandbox not working properly.
- Fixed an issue with drives mounted to multiple folders or a drive letter and a folder.
- Fixed an issue with file paths when using sandboxes with relocated root, such as to an ImDisk volume.
- Fixed an issue with explorer.exe on Windows 11 when using "SysCallLockDown=y".
- Fixed SandMan not showing icons of processes located on an ImDisk volume.

Thank you for providing the source link as well. If you have any further questions or need assistance with Sandboxie-Plus v1.12.6, feel free to ask!

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
installed sbie+ 1.12.6 on my hardware win10. (bought a personal license -- I had a home license about 13 months which expired). Exchanged a couple of emails with developer David, very prompt and helpful as I had forgotten much of what I knew a long time ago when Ron Tzur was developer. So far very with this addition layer on my hardware pc.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.