Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Sandboxie-Plus v1.4.0 Pre-release - Test Build
https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/releases/tag/v1.4.0

This is a unsigned test build (that is the driver is signed but not the installers), it improves the SandMan UI a lot and adds various new UX oriented features, it also makes the sandman code base Qt6 compatible, that said, the build currently uses still Qt5, a switch to Qt6 is planned for later. With regard to Qt6's no longer present windows 7 support, this won't be an issue as a custom build of Qt6's base components will be used which are windows 7 compatible.

You can support the project through donations, any help will be greatly appreciated.

If you have issues with an update installation, just uninstall the previous version keeping the sandboxie.ini and reinstall the new build.

As far as I'm aware. DavidXanatos does not monitor MalwareTips.
~ more details & pics over on Wilders.
Sandboxie-Plus v1.4.0 Pre-release - Test Build
https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/sandboxie-plus-v1-4-0.447865/

Also for improved reliability you can check the downloads on the project homepage: Downloads | Sandboxie-Plus where only known good builds are posted about a week or two after the github release.

Sandboxie-Plus Migration Guide
This guide shows where all the known sandboxie functions can be found in the new UI.
sandboxie-docs/PlusMigrationGuide.md at main · sandboxie-plus/sandboxie-docs

bjm_

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Last edited:

bjm_

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
Last edited:

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
For users of Sandboxie, David is considering adding telemetry to the product.

I highly suggest reading David’s posts in these two threads to understand why.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Well, just letting anyone know, I just updated Firebox (no, not a typo :D) to v.106. As several advanced users had already observed, v. 106 does not work well boxed, with either 1.4.1 or 1.4.2 (latest). Specifically: video content--here YouTube--it buffers and/or Firefox abruptly closes and a box opens to invite me to submit a crash report to Mozilla. You may see the below errors displayed on the Sandman UI.

For now, I've removed Sandman and will wait for the next build. So, if you're experiencing these issues for yourself, it's likely Sandman. So far, Firefox 106 is working very well on its own.

sbie ff106.PNG

Edit: installed my Windows 11 drive to check this--still not usable. The videos play but if you go out of the browser and try to re-open it, Firefox crashes and you get the Mozilla report box. Have removed Sandboxie for now.

Last edited:

bjm_

Level 14
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
DavidXanatos:
OK problem solved, seams that the token firefox gave to its worker process in sandboxie was missing privileges to access \KnownDll32\oleaut32.dll which caused this dll to not being able to load resulting in the worker process crashing.
The better fix will be included in build 1.5.1

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.